iPhone 2g IMEI Question!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JordanPatrick, Jul 12, 2009.

1. JordanPatrick

JordanPatrick New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay guys, long story on my iphone, my dad brought a iphone 2g when it came out, and one day lost it, without a clue where it went, he reported it to his insurance company and they blacklisted it ( blocked the IMEi from any Uk network ) and he got a new 3g, afew days later when he comes back from work he has it and hed found it

Please Register or Log in to view images

, so he gave it to me and said do as you please, so i got straight to it, took out the O2 sim, unlocked and jailbroke it, (3.0) and was happy using it for about 2 hours, when my mate phone my house and said why is your mobile off, i realised it had been blacklisted, mt texts got cancelled, when i tried to ring 3 beeps and it went dead so, i downgraded to eventually 1.1.4, and used ziphone to chamnge the IMEI to my old phones IMEI, and yes its worked, and i can make calls and text etc etc......

and i was just wondering, if i upgrade a few firmwares, will i loose my changed IMEI?
    if not, is there a programme that will change the IEMI on a higher firmware as 1.1.4 is absolute rubbish

?

please help me asap guys as im off to holiday in a few days,

thank you for any help in advance,

Jordan
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Please Someone Help Me

2. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i really dont know as ive never used ziphone, but im fairly sure it wont. try it out. worst that hgappens is you need to downgrade back to 1.1.4 and rerun ziphone.

afaik there is no program like ziphone for newer firmwares.
  3. Fire-Coon

Fire-Coon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    maximum penalty for changing imei in uk is 5 years jail (not break), im surprised the mods allow this...
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Why not just ask your dad to call and have it un-blacklisted.
  5. JordanPatrick

JordanPatrick New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    meltrex - thankyou for your advice and i think i will try it,

fire coon - im asking a question, why is everyone here so negative, just try and answer the question, i know about the consequences, thanks anyway i guess...

jimbeam - we have and the woman said once blacklisted its is near impossible for O2to un-blacklist it it and even if they could they wouldnt anyway ? shame really - ive got a perfect 2G iPhone that will only work as a phone on 1.1.4 and if i want a upgrage i basically have a 8GB ipod touch, which i allready have......

so i guess ima have the phone, ill try the upgrade, but ill stick with a 1.1.4 iPhone and a 3.0 iPod Touch, i might even sell it......?

thanks guys

Jordan,