iPhone 2g: I need answers before I unlock Please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by b1rdman, Jun 16, 2009.

1. b1rdman

b1rdman New Member

I'm planning on unlocking an iPhone 2g with Quickpwn so I can use it for tmobile, but I wanted some info on these questions before I do so.

1. Will iTunes allow me to have both the iPhone and my iTouch synced on the same computer/account? (How can I stop iTunes from updating the iPhone automatically?)

2. I do NOT currently have a data plan. Will I be charged for one when I put my sim card into the unlocked iPhone? If so, how can i prevent this? (Is there something called "bootneuter" that fixes this?)

Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. LEXS1411

LEXS1411 New Member

Hi I have a 2g iPhone that is jailbroken not unlocked I also have a iPod Touch and yes you can sync both on the same computer and using the same account.

Go to iTunes preference general at the bottom it says check for updates automatically
    tick the box

Sorry I can not help you with the last question
  3. iMoby

iMoby Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1) Yes you should be allowed to have them synced to the same account I think, but if you sync it with another, everything will get deleted on it! Yes you can stop itunes from updating it automatically by going to preferences, then go to devices, and uncheck the box that says if you want to look for updates for your iphone or ipod touch.
    2) No it will not charge you anything! If you dont have a data plan, then you have nothing to worry about it, just continue to use your iphone normally, and no "Bootneuter" doesnt fix this, you have the wrong terminology in mind.

Anyways, have fun!
  4. b1rdman

b1rdman New Member

thanks for the help lexs and moby i appreciate it
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    One other question:

After my iPhone is unlocked and ready to go, will I be able to update to new firmware, like the newest one? Or do I have to leave the firmware as is in order to keep the phone unlocked?
  5. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Applying new firmware will require unlock and jailbreak of that firmware......
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Actually with the 1st or "2G" iphones you can upgrade to the newest FW without worry. The only thing that can remove the unlock is a restore. If you hit "update" in itunes the unlock lives on. You just have to jailbreak it again.
  7. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    replies are in bold.
  8. michaelsipod

michaelsipod New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    when i click update, an error posp up saying
    "the iphone cannot be updated at this time because the iphone activation server is temporarely unavailable
  9. b1rdman

b1rdman New Member

Is that right? Anyone else know?

And thanks to everyone esle!
  10. pluspeed66

pluspeed66 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i guess your wrong i did listen to you now my iphone is messed up.. forcing mo to get the data plan.