iPhone 2G HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RoflWafl, Oct 13, 2010.

1. RoflWafl

RoflWafl New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Okay, I jailbroke/unlocked my iPhone with redsn0w. Then, I went and bought a T- Mobile phone for $20.

I activated the SIM in the crappy phone and put a $25 prepaid card on the account.

My account is set to prepaid, and whenever I try to click "Add Internet to your phone!" it says I have the wrong account type.

When I try to access a wepage in Safari, it tells me internet on my device is not supported. I changed my device on my MyTmobile to a myTouch3G (which definitely supports internet) and nothing happened. Same messages.

I tried to get the $.99 hour pass on their website, but no avail. I couldn't even purchase it, let alone see if it worked or not.

I called a T-Mobile rep and she said that T-Mobile is getting new prepaid services Oct. 17, which include a Unlimited Data per day plan which cost $1.49. This would be nice seeing as I only need EDGE on weekends or maybe 2-3 times during the week. But the message on "T-Zones" : Data is not supported on this device. Worries me.

So I was wondering if there was any way AT ALL to get internet on this phone?
  2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

No. First off that expensive as hell 1.49 x 31 = 46.19 Second what were you gonna do with the phone I mean with 25 dollars you can use it for about 20 min.
  3. RoflWafl

RoflWafl New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    If you had read the post completely, you would have seen that I said I would only use it on weekends (2 days) and maybe 2-3 times a week (3 days max).

2+3=5
    5X4=20
    20X1.50=$30.00 a month.

And after doing research on T-Mobile's new PrePaid options as of Oct. 17, $30.00 will get you 300MB. Which I don't think is enough for me. Plus, it expires at the end of the month, and I don't want to worry about that. Some days I might not use internet, some days I might.

And what makes you say no to the final question? Explain your reasoning why. I don't want to sit here confused forever.

Also I would like to know if there is any way (if I can't get this method to work) I could get internet on my iPhone by strictly paying cash. My parents won't put anything on their credit cards or anything regarding an iPhone (they don't know I have it, plus I am moving away soon).

Please don't say : "Just explain to them why you want an iPhone blah blah blah." No. It will never happen. They will never pay for it. They will never put it on their bill and have me pay them cash. There is no way around it, trust me, I'm dedicated, I've tried.
  4. RoflWafl

RoflWafl New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I got internet on it and it is working like a charm! And I only need internet on weekends and I can use it for more than 20 minutes! Thanks for the non-trolling post!
  5. bigmoose316

bigmoose316 Guest

how did you get internet working?

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing as you. How did you get internet working using web daypass? I can't access t-zones from my 1st gen iPhone to purchase the pass.
  6. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You guys need to install ultrasn0w from Cydia
  7. bigmoose316

bigmoose316 Guest

why do i need ultrasn0w? I've already unlocked it with redsn0w.
  8. RoosterPandemic

RoosterPandemic Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  9. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No there is a difference between unlock and carrier unlock. Redsn0w unlocks the iPhone to the home screen. Ultrasn0w unlocks what carrier you can use.
  10. bigmoose316

bigmoose316 Guest

Thanks for the help. I think I already had the carrier unlock because I was able to make voice calls using my T-mobile sim for over a year now. But I couldn't connect to the t-zones webpage even after changing the APN to wap.voicestream.com and the others that were suggested (epc, internet2). I read on another forum to try resetting network settings and that did the trick. I was able to get to the t-zones web page (wap.t-zones.com) and from there I could purchase a web day pass, change prepaid plans, access the free abc news content, etc.