Iphone 2G help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cpeehler7, Jun 28, 2010.

1. cpeehler7

cpeehler7 New Member

I have an iphone 2G, I would like to either get a cell plan that is cheap by unlocking it, or just use software from cydia that allows you to make a phone call. I was looking up something that lets you make phone calls from an ipod touch, i was wondering if I could do that from an iphone that has no service.

I have a text free account, that works fine for text messaging, but I was just hoping someone here would know how to either make phone calls from wifi via Cydia, or know of a cheap cell plan.

(I'm just curious could i buy a sh*tty cellphone from AT&T and just take the sim card from that and put it into the 2g iphone? Assuming its the same simcard, because i could get a phone for about $10 a month on a family plan)

Anyway, thank you for the help
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can use Google Voice for free phone calls in US and texting.
  3. cpeehler7

cpeehler7 New Member

I'm looking into google voice right now, from what i read there is an app on cydia for google voice. If this is as good as the reviews I just saw than I use this instead of paying monthly for this.

Thanks you for the help

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yep, if you need help with Google Voice don't mind PMing me for questions.
  5. cpeehler7

cpeehler7 New Member

I have a few questions about google voice. Right now I'm buying a 2g Iphone like I said, but i have no mobile phone. I have been using my ipod touch and the TextFree app to text. Is there a way to make calls on Google voice without buying a cellphone?

I'm not allowed to pm, i only have 2 posts. you need 15 to pm

Please Register or Log in to view images