iPhone 2G evaluation of a deal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gangsta692, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys. I'm offered a 2G iPhone, 16gb edition and in fine condition; as in with the scratches on the back you so easily get. The seller wants about 320$. Is it too much or somewhat fair?

Please do keep in mind that I live in Greenland; our iPhones we tried to order via eBay get sent back to seller, because of some taxes needing to be paid thus losing the benefit of buying online/from USA.
  2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes $320 dollars is a lot. I bought my 3g in perfect condition, no scratches anywhere for $150 dollars. So in my opinion its not worth spending $320 dollars on a 2g and then having the possibility of getting it shipped back to the seller because of the tax you mentioned.
  3. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Damn, that's a pretty nice deal. Well, I don't think it would get shipped back to seller, because it's from a private seller in Denmark. It's when the package is coming from the US or eBay that they get suspicious and open it up/send it right back I believe. And secondly, I'd really like the 2G, because it's slimmer and it doesn't resemble a toy as much as the 3G does. That's just plastic-y stuff. But I don't know where to buy one either way

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm.. Is it possible to negotiate with the seller? I would go with $250. Not too long ago I sold my old 2g one on ebay for $180dollars. So judging by that $250 sounds like a good price for outside the US. Also if you have websites such as craigslist like here in the US you can probably find a 2g one on there much cheaper.
  5. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think not, he says he has an offer on about 280$ so I guess no. Damn, wish I knew you back then hehe. I am going to continue the hunt, but you say 250$ sounds right. That's what I will aim for, thanks for the help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    320 is way too much for the 2g, especially because it is so outdated...

Off-topic: Why do you live in Greenland?
  7. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright, I won't get it then.

Well, I'm 1/4th Greenlandic.. Plus, my parents took me here when I'd been born. Gonna move to Denmark in '11.