Iphone 2G Cannot Force Power off Home/Sleep combo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ldavies93, Mar 27, 2009.

1. ldavies93

ldavies93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Anyone heard of this?

I'm running 2.2.1 on a 8gb 2g edition and no matter what I try I cannot get this thing to power off using the sleep/home combo, although the holding of power till the slider comes up works fine. I have a sneaky feeling this is why my jailbreaking is not working.

Home button works fine (although I'm stuck on activation, I can still wake the iphone by pressing home)

Help appreciated....
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

What are you actually trying? What sequence?

I can't remember what it is to get it into restore (or DFU) mode and would have to search, but the info might help here.
  3. ldavies93

ldavies93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    To be honest I'm trying to activate it - I have a newer o2 sim for an older iphone so itunes complains I've got the wrong sim. The only way around it I see is to activate via jailbreak.

I've also have iphone 3g's and ipod touch 2g's and they've been positively easy to DFU but this one just doesnt do it. the only symptom I've come across is usually if you hold down sleep/home the ipod/iphone forces a poweroff, this one doesnt, just sits at power slider
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I am not at all sure about O2 but with AT+T you have to unlock the phone to work with anything but an iPhone plan; I was on a prepay and also a regular plan and could not use it without having the phone unlocked.

It is probably a pain but I would do a full restore and go through the steps to JB, activate, and unlock. Also, what program are you using to do the work?
  5. ldavies93

ldavies93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I'm using my iphone 3g sim card but I think your right I'm not going to get anywhere without unlocking. I'm using plain old QuickPwn, but also tried WinPwn on 2.0.2. each time I'm restoring to original firmware (either 2.0.2 or 2.2.1 dependant on the program I'm running)
  6. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't you need to activate the phone before you can even JB or Unlock?
  7. ldavies93

ldavies93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I hope not :/
  8. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I believe this depends on the program you are using; but I know that with Pwnage (on a Mac) you do not need to have it activated (or even have a sim card in it).

I am not sure what else to suggest as the process is a little different between programs and I have not messed with QuickPwn or WinPwn at all.
  9. ldavies93

ldavies93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yeah - its the same with QuickPwn it will activate for you, however the key combo still doesnt work, really frustrating because the signal shows up O2 (btw official Iphone provider in the UK) and I can even put a Virgin sim in and get signal/receive calls fine.

I'm now convinced more than ever that the home button doesnt work as expected, but it does work...

Confusing huh!

I've also tried restoring a custom 2.2.1 activated firmware but I get 1603 errors so I would need DFU to get around those :doh:
  10. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Have you done a factory restore and just start over with a "fresh" iPhone?