Iphone 2g Ad2p enabler

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elcampesino, Dec 8, 2009.

1. elcampesino

elcampesino New Member

I Found this while roaming around other forums and thought I'd share. Havent been able to try since im currently in class and my bluetooth headphones are in my car but feel free to do so. And leave your results here for others.

Please Register or Log in to view images

to my knowledge, install repository in cydia, or rock app and look for "Iphone 2g ad2p enabler"

repo:apt.dmytro.me

NOTE: I am not the author of this app/enabler. Any damage sustained from install is your responsiblity.

Edit: 12/8/2009 6:19pm Confirmed working on my 2g iphone 8gb at 3.1.2 firmware jailbroken with blackra1n with motorola s9 bluetooth headphones.
  2. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Hm interesting, think it could work with ipod touch 1st gen?
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Nope; the 1G iPod Touch does not have bluetooth. You might be able to do it with a bluetooth adapter (like the Nike thing) but I am not certain.
  4. elcampesino

elcampesino New Member

I just tried with my motorola s9 headphones. Once you enable the ad2p profile via the app that is installed on your springboard, you just pair up the headset you wanna use and start listening. Tried Youtube app with downloaded videos and streaming and it does a good job reproducing the sound in really high quailty just that there is a noticable lagg in audio and video. Ipod app works like a charm, and even last fm worked with it all apps display the name of your headset in place of volume slider in every app to make sure you know your headset is recieving audio.

A little thing that I noticed is that this is wayy better than having an ipod bluetooth dongle. Not just for having less parts to worry about, but the signal seems to be stronger. For instance at work I like to listen to my wireless headphones with dongle and if my iphone is in my pocket the sound cuts out, but with the ad2p profile audio is still transmitted even under 2 wintercoats.
  5. pluspeed66

pluspeed66 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    repository didnt work

the repo u just entered didnt worked i have an iphone 2g too.. pls update it or confirm it thanks
  6. elcampesino

elcampesino New Member

it does work, or at least did for me. Inside the repo were two files the ad2p enabler and a usbdrive app. Maybe the repo is down?

http://www.dmytro.me/

thats the app's authors' site if you wanna check?