Iphone 2G 2.1 Sim Unlock failed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WirelessMonkey, Jan 25, 2009.

1. WirelessMonkey

WirelessMonkey New Member

Okay so i've JailBreaked this iPhone first gen. But it wont register any new sim cards, ive tried them for Orange, O2, T-Mobile. All say "Different Sim Card Detected". I ticked the 'Unlock' box when jailbreaking, i even installed yellowsn0w but this didn't work. Anyone got any ideas? Chears.
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yellowsn0w is 3G only. Bootneurter is for the 2G, it's included in quickpwn and pwnagetool.

Here's what you do, download the newest version of quickpwn. Now upgrade your phone to 2.2. Run quickpwn, select the original iPhone (NOT the 3G) and when you get to the box that asks "do you have a contract that is normally activated with iTunes" check NO. After the phone reboots you should see bootneurter running, leave it do it's thing. It may reboot again (can't remember :/) once done you should be unlocked/jailbroken

Please Register or Log in to view images

Keep the sim you plan on using in the phone while you do this. Shouldn't matter but it's what I always do.

PwnageTool may be better. It's what I always use. It's basicly the same process but requires a restore. The good thing is you can build a custom FW with all your favorite apps preinstalled.

If you need a more detailed guide try searching around here or go to iclearified they always have great guides.
  3. WirelessMonkey

WirelessMonkey New Member

Thanks, works now with 2.2

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tested with orange sim and no silly messages. Chears for the help !
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)