IPhone 2g 1st generation digitizer LCD PICTURES!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ahahahcrap, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ahahahcrap

ahahahcrap New Member

so im not sure if I am correct about this. but this is my situation.
    I just bought a used 1st generation 2g IPhone that doesn't register the touch from 1 inch and up. and along the one inch of unregistered touch are dead pixels. it's not that bad but its just noticeable. I was wondering in order to get it to register my touch I would have to replace the digitizer? and if i wanted to replace the dead pixels I would have to replace the LCD screen?

Here are the pics:

Attached Files:

2. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yes you will have to replace the whole screen asembly actually because in the 2G it's all one piece if I'm not mistaken... It is an absolute pain in the butt to replace the screen on a 2G... Honestly from experience in replacing screens on iPhones for a long while now you are better off selling that iPhone and getting a 3G. The 3G's are better and can be fixed easily if there is a problem (i.e. screen is cracked and such things...). Don't go through the hassle of fixing that phone it's outdated and not worth it to potentially break it even more when repairing the screen. Sorry..
    -Brandon
  3. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes you have to replace the whole screen set.
    LCD
    Digitizer
    Glas

But thats really hard, you cant just remove the glass like a 3G or 3GS
    You have to but everything appar to get to the screen

Please Register or Log in to view images

So not so much fun

4. ahahahcrap

ahahahcrap New Member

how much do you think this phone would go on craigslist or ebay?
  5. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Sadly about $100 if that... It's not going to be very much. People will try to barter with you.. Take the best offer you get after 2 days.
  6. ahahahcrap

ahahahcrap New Member

thats cool i only got it for 50 bucks. so it's alll goood. I have already jailbroken and unlocked the phone. It's still fully functional, the only problem is that I cant access all the top apps.
  7. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Then you will be making money.

------------------double post merged------------------
    Scratch that sorry... That only worked on the 2.2.1 firmware for the 2G... It was a bug in the firmware.. It does turn on locked... But if you have SSH installed on the device I believe there is an app in Cydia you can download that if you click the home button 3 times it unlocks it. then you will just have to be quick and tap the camera button and then rotate the phone into landscape and you should be good to go and that annoying "Edit Home Screen" popup will be gone.

8. ahahahcrap

ahahahcrap New Member

HEY I MADE A NEW DISCOVERY to my iphone problem. When i touch the apps to try and enter it, it does NOT register my touch. but for some reason when i slide the iphone is able to slide to the next page just like normal. I think i'm on to something here. Can anybody help me??
  9. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DFU restore
  10. ahahahcrap

ahahahcrap New Member

thanks for the response..i put it into DFU mode and was able to restore it. but that didn't do the trick. It seems a little odd that when i PRESS the top apps it doesn't register to my touch. When i SLIDE on the top apps it IS able to register my touch and slide to the next page of apps and when i go to the search page of the iphone. I am able to press the X to erase when i type in something UPON that I am also able to select the letters and have the magnifier come up and show me the letters...THIS IS CONFUSING ME!!! HOW CAN I FIX THIS ODD PROBLEM?!?!?