iPhone 2G 1.1.4 Downgrade restore problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dette, Mar 26, 2009.

1. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have an iPhone 2G from a friend who wanted my help in getting it working with no SIM and Jailbroken.
    So I updated to 2.2.1 then Jailbroke and Unlocked so it would work with no SIM but then WiFi was grayed out so to fix that I have to downgrade to 1.1.4 and then downgrade the baseband and then upgrade and run bootneuter then use the sWiFi fix.
    Anyway... I am restoring back to 1.1.4 with iTunes 7.5 and it has been "restoring" for an hour an a half! Should I unplug it? Or will that brick the phone permanently or can I restore again?
    I am not sure what to do right now..
  2. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you do unplug, the phone will stay in restore mode forever. You won't be able to, per say, turn it on and do stuff, BUT, you can still restore it after you unplug. Just do the same process. You may get an error or two, and may have to start the restore process over, but it'll be just fine.
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Why are you going back to 1.1.4?

Just restore it to 2.2.1; Jailbreak and activate it. I use a different program but have done multiple 2G's and don't think I even needed a SIM card to do so.
  4. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah I did exactly that lol

I did that one first.. But I have the "No Wifi" problem and I cant run bootneuter because it freezes so supposedly you have to go back to 1.1.4 and do some stuff with the baseband which I believe I did and then restore back to 2.2.2, which I am doing now after I re install iTunes..

I am doing this for someone else so I want everything working right
  5. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dette - here's how I got from 2.x to 1.x firmware on a 1st gen 8 GB:

Process: need iphone firwares 2.x and 1.1.4, kiphone, ziphone 3.0

-Itunes 7.5 must be installed on the PC. If downgrading from higher version makes sure to delete or rename the Itunes
    subfolder in the user "my music" directory before installing 7.5.
    -Put iphone into dfu recovery mode - hold power and home buttons for 10 seconds, release the power button but hold the home
    button until itunes detects the phone in recovery mode, screen will be black.
    -shift restore the 1.1.4 firmware. After processing time when it finishes should receive a 1015 unknown error.
    This is normal.
    -launch kiphone (modified ziphone) to downgrade baseband. Had to run it twice to get it to work. Shift-restore 1.1.4
    firmware again (make/receive calls texting issue) and phone should now be recognized in itunes with 1.1.4 but still
    locked.
    -launch ziphone 3.0 and "do it all" - this will take some time, may need to power down phone if ziphone doesnt report
    back the jailbreak (little white square in the upper corner marked the process complete)

WARNING - I was not able to get back to 2.x unlocked and jailbroken. do this at your own risk.
  6. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thanks but I got to 1.1.4 yesterday on my own and now am back at 2.2.1 Unlocked, Activated, and Jailbroken with no SIM card.

My problem is that I have the stupid grayed out "No WiFi" problem