iPhone 2 to Be Sold "at Significantly Lower Prices"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by josephlaffan900, Jun 7, 2008.

1. josephlaffan900

josephlaffan900 Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The new version of the Apple iPhone is set to be sold at significantly lower prices than the existing one, in a tacit acknowledgement by the US technology company that its previous sales strategy was not sustainable. Apple has bowed to pressure from mobile phone operators and agreed they can subsidise the latest iPhone, expected to be unveiled by Steve Jobs, Appleā€™s chief executive, on Monday.

While the confirmation of the cheaper, subsidized iPhone comes from their own undoubtedly rock solid sources, they don't have specific numbers from them and point to squishy analysts on how much cheaper it'll be, such as speculation it'll be $199 in the US, with a $200 subsidy from AT&T. Either way, AT&T will definitely be bearing some of the costs for us: "Apple has accepted that the new iPhone should be subsidised in the US and western Europe by the mobile operators who sell it to consumers, according to people familiar with the matter."

Source:http://gizmodo.com/5014252/financial-times-iphone-2-to-be-sold-at-significantly-lower-prices

Attached Files:

2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Thanks for the info, but this has been know for quite awhile, maybe months..
  3. OneFan

OneFan Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    if Its Truely $200 Im Gonna Sell All My Ipod Touch Stuff Along With My Two Ipod Nanos (1st Gen) And Hope To Get 300-350... Then I Can Have Teh Iphone And Have 100-150 Dollars To Spare For The Monthly Bill!
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Lots of people who owe a dollar!

5. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    this is going to be sh*t, reason being is becasue i have the iPhone, and i have the enV. obviously my parents arent going to pay monthly for two carriers, thus being when i want the new iphone and have my 200 bucks ready, il go to the att store and it will most likey require a contract, so now i can use my gophone sim with unltd text and media net
  6. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

200$ no way, thats complete bullsh*t, apple will probably be LOSING money, i think what will probably happen is the old iphone prices will drop, and the new ones will cost like the ones do now. (399$, 499$)
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Apple loses nothing, they still get there money. ATT makes more because they sell more iPhones with contracts. I told everyone this was going to be the case last month.

8. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah. we've kindof know about this for a while now.
  9. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

No one knows anything until monday. I wont belive anything otherwise.
  10. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    agreed, nothing is confirmed, not even the new iphone