IPhone 2.3?

Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2009' started by Jelly, Jan 4, 2009.

?

iPhone 2.3 at Macworld?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. No

62 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Do you think Apple is releasing 2.3? What do you think will be featured in it? I want copy and paste and some UI changes. Wouldn't it be cool if the app icons moved on the home screen? (kind of like the wii home menu) For example, the clock icon could show the actual time ticking. Anyway, what do you want?
  2. loaf-

loaf- New Member

Ive only wanted to use copy and paste once, so I doubt it'll be released because everything at Apple revolves around all my needs and wants. I think a good programmer could make the apps you speak of too. They've done some pretty neat calender things.
    I just want the regular functions of a normal phone so people will stop teasing me about not being able to get MMS since Swirly is so on and off and the ability to record and send videos would be shweet. Or, if someone could get Cycorder, SwirlyMMS, iRealSMS and that video ringtone thing to work together I'd just STFU and be a happy camper.
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not even sure what i want to be honest. Push notifications might come in the next firmware, whenever it's released, but honestly, does anyone even remember them anymore? Other than that, i haven't a clue what Apple could release for the iPod touch. But as loaf said, the iPhone firmware needs some basic functions.
  4. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I dont think it's gonna come out... too early in my opinion.
  5. loaf-

loaf- New Member

Agreed. Wait for the next Festivus.
  6. godogshomie

godogshomie New Member

Yes it is to early for a release, but i dont doubt that there will probably be a beta release to developers. Some features i would like to see would be Fwd. ability in SMS as well as MMS. Push notification would be nice since we were promised it in november :\ lol
  7. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

They wouldn't just release 2.3 without having it go through beta testers. Every 2.0 firmware so far has went through beta testers to test the functionality of the new and existing features.
  8. nave3d

nave3d New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I dont care about MMS too much since ive actually never used it on the last 5 phones i've had.
    I would like PUSH tho, goddamn annoying how i gotta wait 15 min for an email and dont know when anyone is IM'ing me
  9. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i expect 2.2.1, with some bug fixes, and the stuff from the 2.2 update ipod touch users didnt get, and maybe push notifications, maybe
  10. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Which features would you all like to see in 2.3 when it IS released? (Whenever it may be released)