iPhone 2.2.1 unlock help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rnhib25, Mar 8, 2009.

1. rnhib25

rnhib25 New Member

OK i got an iPhone 3g and i was wondering i can unlock it.. currently it has a 2.2.1 firmware and i was reading earlier and it said that cannot work with yellowsn0w but will it wrk if i downgrade it to a 2.2 firmware? THANKS
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

For now any 3G that has been or is on 2.2.1 cannot be unlocked. You can't downgrade the Baseband (although you can downgrade the firmware) but it is still not unlock-able. I'm sure there will be a cure eventually but for now you'r out of luck.
  3. kalikalily

kalikalily New Member

You can use the MAGICSIM 2009 Newest iPhone V2.2.1 Unlock Turbosim to Unlock your iPhone in minutes.
    1.Prepare iPhone 3G Unlock Sim.
    2.Place the iphone 3G Unlock Sim (back side) into the sim socket.
    3.Judge from the side, the height of Turbosim IC is below the sim socket. (You don’t need cutting your sim card, or worry about the plug problem any more)
    4.Judge from the Professional measuring tools, you could see the thickness of Turbosim is only 0.82mm
    5.Put your own sim card together with iPhone 3G unlock Sim
    6.Insert both sim card and Turbosim into iPhone 3G
    7.Power on iPhone 3G, it have searched another network automatically in 10 seconds.
    8.Dialing as normal, and you can connect others at once.
    9.With powerful signal in communications.
    or you can refer to the <REMOVED>
  4. lilyNORA

lilyNORA New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    .Hi, no you can not unlock 2.2.1 firmware with the new baseband with the yellowsnow software but you can unlock it with a sim card. I have a magicsim unlock sim and it works nice for me. I have get it from here: <removed>

Good luck with the unlocking!