Iphone 2.0 JailBreaking......

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by wonderbread1309, Jul 22, 2008.

1. wonderbread1309

wonderbread1309 New Member

Ok.

I am Confused about the 2.0 Jailbreak...

I did JailBreak my 1.1.4 Ipod Touch and it worked fine for a while but then it started acting weird. So I decided to Restore my Ipod Touch and Re-JailBreak it.

So I am wondering... What is the New JailBreak program that works and is reliable. How do you jailbreak the Ipod touch using that Program ( on a Mac ).

If there isnt a new JailBreak out yet Please give me the Date that it will be released, or a Release a date window...

It would be a big help if someone could clear this up for me (and others having the same problem).

Please give the Information that you know

And if Possible

a Tutorial for the Latest and most reliable Jailbreak for the Ipod Touch 2.0 using a Mac.

Thanks,

Wonderbread1309
  2. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Welcome to the forum. Please try the search function as there are several guides for both mac and pc.
  3. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Look up pwnage tool. Welcome to the forums by the way!!
  4. wonderbread1309

I have looked over the forums and looked at the Pwnage app...

But from what i have read it is good...

I have not however found a very helpful Tutorial telling me how to Jailbreak it using Pwnage.

I have also found that people think Pwnage is unreliable and that it can Screw up your ipod touch.

Please clear up these claims I have found.

Can you fix your ipod if Pwnage messes it up?
  5. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You can restore if it does mess up but in my opinion, I wouldn't suggest jailbreaking just yet. Installer is not included at the moment and many of the apps are not compatible with the 2.0 firmware so I would say, just give it some time.
  6. wonderbread1309

Ok yes that is what I was Considering...

Do you know approximately when most of the Top apps and the Installer will be Compadible with the 2.0 version?

And thanks for the welcome to the forums...

You were a big help agarwal1

Thanks
  7. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Sure, no problem. I would give it another week or so for them to be updated. There was a recent solution developed by bigboss that made this process easier and quicker so maybe even sooner. You'll find out here when that happens.
  8. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    A lot of developers are currently porting their apps to 2.0. Errrick for example, the creator of iSlsk, is porting his app to 2.0 and I believe a lot of developers are doing so as well so I say give it about half a month for the majority of them to do so(they've got other things to do as well you know, most of them have families and jailbreaking and developing is just a hobby) before you jailbreak. Oh, and you can jailbreak using Pwngae Tool 2.0.1 by the Devteam. Search for it on Google or on this forum.

EDIT: Can you define "acting weird"? I'm trying to become a developer and this is a good practise.