Iphone 2.0 is temporary for 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by zachary@extremehope.org, Jul 10, 2008.

1. zachary@extremehope.org

zachary@extremehope.org New Member

Apple probably just release it for the iphone 3G and is going to release the real one later. Has anybody got their iphone 3G and check the firmware number?
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

....they always do updates
  3. zachary@extremehope.org

I think their not going to release the real one till after the IPhone is released in US. The question is " why is the firm number the same layout as the beta's"?
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Because it's a more updated version of the same thing?
  5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

ok, i just got what hes been saying, and NO OFFENSE AT ALL , but that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. The phone is iphone version 2, not a segway between to a new model.
  6. zachary@extremehope.org

No, you don;t get what i'm saying. The betas that have been rlease to developer is something like "iphone1,1-2.0xxxxx", so you would think that the new final 2.0 would "iphone2,0-2.0xxxxx". What i'm saying is that this release on apple's server might just be for the 3G, When the official launch goes down, there will be a update for everything( including the IPhone 3G).
  7. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

oh oh sry, my mistake, from the way you worded it i got the impression u thought the iphone 3g was some sort of go between from the first iphone to some new model

my bad!
  8. zachary@extremehope.org

It's cool, so what do you think of the theory?
  9. ficho

ficho New Member

Well in theory, it's possible that this is the version they put on iPhone 3G, and since they have already started selling it, they put that firmware online in case someone wants to restore their iPhone 3G. So basically, yeah, this could be just temporary firmware and we could get the real thing later today (or tomorrow for you US guys).

But, honestly, I don't think that theory is right, because it would mean iPhone 3G buyers have to upgrade already when "real" 2.0 is released few hours after their purchase.

So in short: no

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. zachary@extremehope.org

That's if you think that they will release 2.0 for the ipod touch and iphone officially tomorrow. Now, i believe that they will, but it doesn't make sense why they would put another beta out(According to the iphone dev team it's a beta and they had basically the same thing for a week or two).