Iphone 1st gen urgent problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipod1stgen, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ipod1stgen

ipod1stgen New Member

i been having problem with my ipod touch 1st generation 8gb. for the pat couple weeks when i would put it on the charger, instead of the lightning bolt symbol that shows its charging i would get a symbol that look like a plug, like the plugs you put into a outlet, my ipod would connect to itunes and then disconnect shortly after. THEN the next weekmy ipod touch wouldnt charge at all unless i played with the charger , i either had to bend it a little or wiggle it around until it connected. NOW my ipod touch wont even get a charge, and its dead and wont turn on. What do i do ?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Get a new cable
  3. ipod1stgen

ipod1stgen New Member

i tried it on two cables mine and my sisters ipod touch 3g cable and it didnt work.
  4. P O W E R

P O W E R Member

Device:
    iPad
    Could be a charger problem.

Sorry man, but you are not fully explained your problem fully. If you would be more clear, I could possibly help you.
  5. ipod1stgen

ipod1stgen New Member

when i put my ipod touch to connect to itunes, it will charge for like 5 minutes then not charge and the symbol of it charging will change. you know when you charge your ipod the symbol that tells you that ipod is like a lightening bolt?l it changes from that lightning bolt to another symbol.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i tried to charge my ipod touch last week but it wouldnt charge, unless i had to move the charger around or sometimes bend the charger a little, bending that part that enters the ipod
  6. rosalio14

rosalio14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    From your explanation, sounds like something is wrong with the iPod, if you tried two cables and it also wouldn't charge with your computer.
  7. amonti

amonti New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sounds like either a dead battery or something is jammed in your connector, or the connector is loose. Apple has some charging state icons here. It would be handy to point out what you saw.

Since it would kind of work when you bent or wiggled the connector, I'd guess a problem with your dock connector. Take a look inside the connector and see if there's anything in there (lint, grass, etc.). Blow it out with some compressed air if you see anything. If it is bent or broken internally, then you have to open it up to fix it, or upgrade.
  8. ipod1stgen

ipod1stgen New Member

i seen the second one in the charged group however my ipod wasnt fully charged
  9. saxodark

saxodark New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you try to clean the put in of the charger.Maybe this fix it.
    (sorry for my english.
  10. amonti

amonti New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So, did you clean out the dock port? Can you still 'wiggle' the connector and see signs of life when it is plugged into the wall charger? It could be a bad battery - did you notice any decrease in battery life before it died?