iPhone 1G: Screen partly dysfunctional?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iptouch3g, Apr 7, 2010.

1. iptouch3g

iptouch3g Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so months ago the iPhone got dropped on the floor while it is inside my backpack(I found that that's the only logical reason that day). So EVERYTHING works fine, the display, means no dead pixels, no cracks at the screen at all, nothing.

So I was forced to restore to see if it was a software problem. I did, and this "Edit Home Screen" pop up:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Comes up as usual. I thought everything was fine, until I clicked "Dismiss" at the bottom of the pop up (see image above) Then, it won't let me go through at all!

NOTE: The screen of the iPhone displays exactly like that, WITHOUT any cracks or whatever, no dead pixels. If you see the iDevice in person it would appear as if nothing's wrong with it.

The iPhone is out of warranty and one of the first ones to be out. I received it from someone I know and it seems that it is jailbreaked. No returning option then.

Any solutions to this? Thanks!
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well that pop up looks like the one you get when you first use the iphone/ipod, it should since you just restore. I dont understand what ur wanting to do. Btw is that your picture? has a watermark in the corner
  3. iptouch3g

iptouch3g Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No it is not my picture, and I just found it on Google, just to find a way to show what part I am talking about.

The screen does NOT work when I touch "Dismiss!"
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    another, when you restore it gets rid of the jailbreak, did you set up as a new one?
  5. iptouch3g

iptouch3g Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, I tried that before, due to the fact that I forgot the back up password.
  6. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    try just rebooting
  7. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok I had this problem when my 2g's screen didn't work.. I know this is going to sound crazy but what you can do is 1. turn off the device 2. turn it on now. but make sure that when you turn it on have your finger ready to tap on the camera button before that little message pops up. when you get into the camera app the message will then pop up. turn th3e phone sideways and then the message will go sideways too. you will then be able to click the dismiss button.

It is kinda tricky but trust me it does work!

8. iptouch3g

iptouch3g Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

The iPhone is on 3.0 JBed! But that does sound tricky!
  9. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    There is nothign software wise wrong with your phone.. It's the digitizer. Do what I said and you will atleast get past the "Edit Home Screen" pop-up. And nomatter how mant times you restore if it is the digitizer (I strongly strongly think it is) it will not fix the problem..
  10. iptouch3g

iptouch3g Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well so i will at least keep trying to get that button through camera? But there's a lock screen though?