iPhlix

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by chadi, Jul 14, 2009.

1. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iPhlix
    by chadi​
    Category: Entertainment
    Seller: Brent Jensen
    Size: 0.6 MB
    Price: $2.99​

Please Register or Log in to view images

iPhlix makes for a great way to manage your Netflix queue on the go with your iPhone or iPod touch.

What is iPhlix?
    iPhlix is an application designed to allow you to manage your Netflix queue, allowing you to add, delete, or reorder videos to your delivery or instant queue, to rate videos you have seen, and much more. iPhlix has support for multiple accounts as well, and the interface makes it easy to switch between accounts as you please.

Features
    iPhlix gives you a lot of nice features for working with your queue, including:
    • Rearranging items in both your delivery and instant queue.

• Easily deleting items in both your delivery and instant queue.

• Ability to add items to your queue to either the top or bottom as well as the option to add to your instant queue if available for that movie.

• Ability to view past movies as well as movies in the mail or at home. On movies in the mail, it gives the estimated arrival date (usually accurate).

• Based on movies you have had from the past, iPhlix shows Netflix's recommended movies for you.

• Ability to browse for movies by: category/genre, Top 100, New Releases, Television, etc.

• Other noteworthy features include:
      • Choose between DVD, Blu-Ray, or Instant when adding movies to your queue.
      • Manage multiple Netflix accounts.
      • Give movies a rating based on the 5-star scale.
      • Feature-rich search with options to narrow down to Blu-Ray or Instant only.
      • Ability to mark recommended movies as unwanted (just swipe and press the delete button).

Ideas for Improvement
    As it is already, iPhlix is a solid app. I think that some features could be added to it though. The main gripe I have about it is how it displays availability. For instance, on the actual Netflix website, it'll tell me a movie has a long wait, but on iPhlix it'll say something like "Available Now" or "Short Wait" rather than saying "Long Wait". Another similar thing would be for upcoming releases. On the Netflix website, it'll show the release date, but on iPhlix, it just will say "coming soon" and you won't know the release date. Another thing I wish could be fixed would be on reviews on movies. As of now, iPhlix will only show you the reviews based on the 5-star system and won't show the actual comments and text reviews. I hope this will be added in a future update. One last feature that I would also like that I have seen in competing apps would be the ability to watch a movie's trailer.

Conclusion
    Other than the few suggestions for future updates, I think iPhlix is the best Netflix queue manager for the iPhone and iPod touch. It has a slick and easy to use interface, simplicity in adding, removing, and reordering queues, and many other great features. I believe it is a must-have app for any Netflix user with an iPhone or iPod touch, and will prove to be a simple, useful application to make your Netflix experience easier to use away from a computer or home.

Rating
    GUI: 10/10
    Features: 9/10
    Value for Money: 8/10
    Replay/Reuse Value: 9/10

Overall: 9/10

Click for iTunes page:

Attached Files:

2. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow Nice

!
    Thanks for THE review!
  3. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Very good review. Keep it up.
  4. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    very nice. i'd love an app like this, but sadly my netflix subscription is limited to 4 per month...

nice review, i love bullets, they're so organized.