iPad's Camera Situation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by #1 iPad Fan, Feb 15, 2010.

1. #1 iPad Fan

#1 iPad Fan New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    This is my view on the iPad's camera situation.

When the iPad's Camera will Come

Firstly, All of these photos of cameras and Mission Repairs spare parts may or may not be True. As Mr. Jobs said in his Keynote, International Deals will be announced later this year, which could mean at WWDC, a Special Keynote (for iPad announcements and possibly last minute Camera?) or maybe just the Apple Website.

The iPad camera is currently looking quite likely, depending on your view, and may possibly ship with the iPad as a special surprise but may be less likely. The second generation will probably ship in 2011 or Maybe (this is just speculation) Apple will come back to dearest MacWorld and announce the next generation there.

What the iPad's Camera will be Like

As Steve said in his Keynote, the device will probably be held on your lap, which would be an odd angle for the Camera. Imagine zooming and being able to look how many Nose hairs you have? Though it would probably be quite powerful, You could only really get a good picture if you were holding it up like a Real Camera taking a photo, and we all know how annoying that would be.

How People will React to the Camera

Different people, will react differently to the iPad's camera, for example; If somebody was waiting for a camera, and it finally came, they would be happy. But if somebody got the iPad when it first came out thinking that there would never be a camera, but still wanted one, but then a camera came along; they would be quite annoyed.

So, Too shed my opinion on the topic, I do not want a camera, and don't play on waiting for one.

You guys can comment with your reaction to the iPad's Camera below.....
  2. stillercity

stillercity New Member

I don't think there is any chance that a magical camera will appear on the iPads when they're sold that everyone will be like "Woah! Awesome!" It just doesn't happen like that.

But since there's space for a camera already, I think Apple is pretty much just planning to put a camera in for the 2G and leave it at that. It kind of bugs me that this is how Apple works, but it's been like that for a long time.

Oh and iPod Touch 4G will have a camera. I just have a feeling...
    If there was a camera I think it would be on the rear, it just makes more sense. If we're thinking webcam then yeah that would be kind of awkward at that angle but I think people would hold it with their hands when using the webcam, at least for the time being. But, then again, I don't see a webcam, at least in the 2G. It just sounds like one of those things we rumor about and then we get disappointed when Apple doesn't announce it (for instance, no multitasking on the iPad).
    I don't know why people are so obssessed with a camera in the first place. The only thing that I can see that would interest me at all are the webcam possibilities, but then again, I've never had to use a webcam before, and I think a lot of people are still in the same boat.
  3. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Want it or could care less, I'm just gonna say this for future reference.

There is...
    NO CAMERA!
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yes, end of story.
  6. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Camera on the back: Stupid. Who wants to hold this thing up to take pictures? There are much smaller cameras you can carry around with you to take pictures, no sense in upping the cost and size of the device to include a camera. A camera on a phone is very different than a camera on a device this size.

Camera on the front: Awkward. The angles you hold this device at would make you look horribly unattractive when you're using it as a webcam. Either the person you're talking to is going to be looking up your nose or you will be holding it directly in front of you very awkwardly.

Verdict: The iPad does not have a camera, and I wager that it never will have a camera. There's no way to make it a useful feature that doesn't just drive the cost up. The only useful way I could see is if it could interface with a camera or something when docked in the upright cradle, as that could actually make it useful for webcams.
  7. DeadKid

DeadKid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What do you think about apple's new patent showing a new frontfacing camera in a mobile device? Maybe they are working on a 2G iPad, already^^^'
  8. Zc456

Zc456 Member

That doesn't mean they'll add it. We've seen tones of patents come out from them and almost none of it made it into the iPad. So I wouldn't give your hopes up to high, and thats a recommendation.
  9. DeadKid

DeadKid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I dont "hope" that the iPad will get a camera. I saw pretty much about the iPad, i think... And so far i do like how it is ;-)