iPad with a contagious crash!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mr_hanky, Oct 21, 2010.

1. mr_hanky

mr_hanky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    So this morning when using my ipad it decided to stop responding, so I do my usual thing when an idevice crashes an leave it for a couple of minutes, it rebooted itself and almost immediately crashed again (i got as far as sliding to unlock).

Now everytime it reboots or i reboot ithe device it crashes as soon as it gets to the slide to unlock screen - and everytime without fail it does the email received beep too (i've tried clearing my inbox from my computer and it still beeps)

No big deal I thought, i'll just backup what I can and restore and rejailbreak, so i connect my ipad to my computer and itunes pops up and within seconds it freezes, i loaded ifunbox and that's done the same >.< (both stayed unresponsive even after disconnecting the ipad, i was forced to ctrl-alt-del them)

So anyhows I've had to do a restore without backing up anything and everything seems fine for now.

But I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Or know what caused it so I can avoid it happening again in the future?

Edit: Helps if i add my ipad info:
    16GB Wifi 3.2.2
    Jailbroken using Limera1n (latest release)
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

What was the last thing you installed from Cydia on it?
  3. theflexxxman

theflexxxman Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I'm not sure if this would work but try crashing the springboard app
  4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Can't remember for certain but I believe the last thing installed from Cydia was a snes emulator, I have not installed anything since the weekend and the ipad has been used without problem everyday since then (until today obviously).

Other than Sbsettings (and therefore activator obviously) I don't think i had installed anything that does any background changes to the system.

I'm not new to jailbreaking, i have been playing around with it since getting my ipod touch 2g in march last year, and should anything ever go wrong it's always been easy to work out what caused it, which is why this crash has got me so confused as it has seemingly come out of nowhere.
  5. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    with the device OFF, Hold the HOME Button and connect the USB cable, hold the button until it shows the connect to itunes symbol. itunes will ask to restore.
  6. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    DFU if you need to. Could be a driver issue within your computer.
  7. mr_hanky

mr_hanky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Thanks for the responses, I have already restored and re-jailbroken with greenpois0n. I was just hoping to find out what had caused the issue so I could avoid it happening again.

Hopefully it was just one of those things and it won't happen again ^_^