iPad vs. iPod Touch 4G

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tomc3p, Oct 13, 2010.

1. tomc3p

tomc3p New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I'm having a hard time deciding something.

I currently have an iPod touch 2G MC and I am looking to either upgrade to an iPod Touch 4G 32GB and get rid of my 2G MC, or save my iPt2G and also buy an iPad 16GB wifi.

If I get the iPt4G it would be some time in January, but if i get the iPad it would be some time in April which I hear may be after the release of the new iPad.

I have played around with both devices and while both are neat I feel like the iPad is just a big iPod Touch, but it might be different when the new iPad is released.

I am currently a sophomore in high school and do not have a job.

Thanks for your help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Get the iPod Touch 4. If you think the iPad is "just" a big iPod Touch, then it'll probably not do anything that you can't already do on the iPod Touch.

Edit: except for the fact that the iPad lasts 3-4 times longer than the iPod Touch on a battery charge... but then most people use their iPads so often that they don't even notice the difference in battery life between the two devices.
  3. shamrock

shamrock Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ipod touch 4 is a lot better. Its more portable and has the cameras! you might want to wait for the second ipad though...
  4. tomc3p

tomc3p New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    originally i had my mind set on the ipod touch 4 but i have heard stories of people thinking the same thing as me till they got the ipad

and as for portability im not too concerned because if i got the ipad i would still keep my ipod touch 2g mc

but i'm still pretty set on ipt4
  5. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I would rather have an iPad.I have used it and it's amazing.Way funner and makes it a way better experience.Wait for the 2nd generation when it has Facetime & Camera.Then it'll be a Giant 4G iPod

6. RubyRa1n

RubyRa1n Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    id take the ipad. u have an ipod touch 2G, while yes the differences between 2G and 4G is huge (graphics/screen/smoothness/speed/cameras) its bascially the same thing. and i know that sounds like "wtf is this guy talking about" but if anything ignore what i said and get the ipad.
  7. tomc3p

tomc3p New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea, i see what youre saying. and the differences between the ipad and ipt2g are even bigger than the differences between the 2g and 4g ipt

ive been doing a lot of research on both of these items and ive realized that i dont really need cameras or facetime so i think im gonna wait and see if appl drops the price of the original ipad or they start selling refurbs

who knows maybe ill find an ipad on ebay for cheap
  8. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX New Member

Hello All!

I registered just so I could reply to this thread. I was also undecided about which iDevice to buy. The Internet offers a wealth of opinions; some great, some not so great! Most of what I've come across refer to the iPad as an oversized iPod Touch. In some regard, this is true but doesn't positively address the sheer comfort level obtained by a bigger screen.

I do own the iPad and the 4G iPod Touch (gave my 2nd Gen away). Both devices serve different purposes. Most apps look amazing with the generous screen real-estate, the battery last an incredibly long time and I can leave my MacBook (white) at home. IMO, the iPad makes the perfect travel computer.

As far as the 4G iPod, I basically use it for music when I'm out & about. The fact it has a camera is not a big deal to me. My EVO has dual cameras. Yes, the screen is awesome but like many people just seem to go on & on about....the device itself is MUCH smaller than the iPad which means it spends more time in my pockets; meaning I'm probably not looking at the smaller screen anyway.

I think it's hard to make purchasing decisions based on other peoples opinions. I also think it's hard when the device you're checking out is something you only get to play with for a few minutes in a store. My decision was fairly easy b/c I knew I just wanted one and if I kept reading/listening to the naysayers, i would not have made the purchase.

IMO, the iPad offers a level of comfort that can't be obtained on a smaller screen.
  9. Samberoony

Samberoony Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I bought an iPad wifi, at the time I still had a iPod touch 2g, after only a week of having the iPad, I gave the iPod away!!! Buy iPad, you wont regret it. I wrote this on my ipad
  10. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    IMHO opinion the iPad is epic! I just would never carry one around with me because I've been used to the iPhone/iPod touch size ever since they came out, and I honestly think it can't fit in my pocket.... To be a good device it doesn't need to fit in any pocket at all, I just want my devices to do so.