iPad vs iPhone 4g? Some thoughts.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mobious, May 25, 2010.

1. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Now this just recently came to mind. How do you think the ipad will compare to the iPhone 4g? The way i see it the 4g is meant to compete with devices such as the nexus one and so forth, those devices boast ram up to 512mb in comparison to the ipads 256. Now if iPhone 4g wants to compete it has to get a higher clocked processor and more ram I would assume.

Now the question that comes to mind is will apple release a device that is essentially smaller than the iPad and would pack more power? That would be like a low blow to us ipad owners IMO. What are your thoughts on this? More ram on the iPhone 4g means better multitasking on a device that is a quarter of the size of the iPad. Basically I am pretty much worried about how well the iPhone 3GS and ipad will be able to handle multitasking with 4.0 in comparison to the 4g. Since the ipads processor is essentially an over clocked iPhone 3GS processor and it boasts the same amount of ram as the 3GS.
  2. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    We don't even know the specs of the 4g and you're already worried it will be more powerful than the iPad?
  3. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Iphone 4G shall be EPIC
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if the iphone 4g was released before the ipad then the ipad would be better wouldnt it? Products that are released later on are generally better than past items. Check out the gameboy and nintendo DS for example
  5. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't have to know the specs it obviously will be close enough or might even surpass the iPad. Unless apple decided the 4g is just a 3GS with a different case. I love my iPad and I am definitely getting the 4g once its out. But if apple decides to leapfrog a device that has been out for less than 4 months I will be disappointed.
    I am sure many people got annoyed when they announced apps that only worked on the 3GS and not gar old iPhone 3G, but at least those two devices were a year apart. Now imagine apps being released that would run on the iPhone 4g but not the iPad due to hardware limitations.
  6. Bolt

Bolt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wouldn't be surprised. It is supposed to have an HD screen, and record HD video, and play HD video. All these things require hardware the current iDevices don't have.

Um.. 4G isn't released yet?
  7. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    He's saying if it was released before the iPad, the iPad would have better specs.

Look guys the whole point I am trying to make is the ipad is a much larger device, it shouldn't be outperformed by a device less than half its size within the same year of release. It just seems like a smack in the face to us iPad owners.
  8. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That's a poor example. My MacBook was released before the Macbook Air on the shelf today but that doesn't mean the Air is better.
  9. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What are you talking about? The ipad has 512 MB of ram...
  10. Bolt

Bolt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I agree. But I still think it should have the specs necessary to run record and display HD video.