iPad touch screen glitch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KCooper, May 30, 2010.

1. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Just thought I would post this to see if I'm the only one who has encountered this problem...

Sometimes, my iPad touch screen starts to become unresponsive. The screen will begin tapping items by itself, and I can't stop it. Tried rebooting; that seemed to work. I don't know what triggered this glitch, but it occurred after watching a video in the Videos app.

Do you think this is serious (doubt it)? Personally, I think its just one of the many 3.2 glitches we are having to deal with until fall...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't have this problem. This happens on my android phone though. Never touch it with wet fingers, water holds your heat so it will think you're touching it still.
  3. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I think it might have something to do with the temperature in my house. It happened to me again this morning. My iPad has been in a 70 degree (Fahrenheit) room all night, and I had just entered a noticeably warmer room when it started to happen.

Aside from all that, I've encountered a new glitch that is much stranger than that one! I turn my AT&T cellular data off at night, and when I tried to turn it back on this morning, the Cellular Data settings option would not let me tap it in landscape! However, when I turned the iPad to portrait, it would let me tap it. Really strange...
  4. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    for the screen, maybe if you dropped it, the screen is indented a little, also i remember someone having a problem with static. he said restoring it fixed it.
  5. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I haven't dropped my iPad. I don't think it's static, and I really don't want to do a restore...
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the screen on the iPad is capacative, the reason that it doesnt work with wet fingers is because water doesnt conduct and therefore stops the negative charge on your finger from exciting the positively charged layer under the screen.

On topic: Im not sure why your having problems normally though :/ it could be because the digitiser/LCD screen is damaged
  7. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Not sure either. The "Cellular Data" glitch is still occurring, only in landscape. It's not a "dead spot" on my screen; tested it, and that portion of the screen works in other apps. I'm about to try and jailbreak my iPad, and maybe that will refresh it and fix these problems.

Again, I haven't dropped my iPad or anything. Must be just a firmware glitch. I've read on other sites that people are having lots of problems with the "taps the screen by itself" deal.

EDIT: Think it may have something to do with my screen protector? I've got InvisibleShield on the front.
  8. jellydonuts

jellydonuts New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    It is the first gen iPad, there will be bugs.
  9. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, thanks Captain Obvious.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch