IPad to iPod sync?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SaMaster14, Aug 23, 2010.

1. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well, I was just wondering that if we ever got software that made the iPad's iTunes a main iTunes account like on a computer, would we be able to sync an iPod with an iPad (no computer needed) via the dock port (or the camera connection kit with USB)?

Just a thought that would make an iPad even more of a laptop replacement.
  2. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Good idea I could really use that but I can't find a tweak in cydia so I don't think it's possible.
  3. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    What is the iTunes like on iPad, like the iPhone and iPod or is it like in between? I don't think it'll happen though, maybe via jailbreak but I don't see a lot of use for it.
  4. Saphiresurf

Saphiresurf Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It would definitely be jailbreak unless apple got a little smarter
  5. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    It's almost like the normal iTunes. It's definitely closer to a computers iTunes than the 'music' app on the iPod touch.
  6. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I think this may come out in future iPad iOS updates. I doubt it would come out as a JB app/tweak though.
  7. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    A way a developer could do this is by using the camera connection kit. They could develop something that would allow you to connect via the USB port on the camera connection kit. Then they could make an app that when opened would say something like connect device. They could then could use the menu in app where you can usually select a song to play( the add a song list with the plus signs) and then make the iPad think it is just playing music but an the same app( or a receiver version) would actually import the song to tan in app download manager and skip the song when it is done. It would take a while but It could work. Then have the ipod touch end app be able to import music into the music library of the iPod touch. This could do the same thing with videos, podcasts, contacts, notes, and even possibly apps.