iPad the Fastest Adopted Consumer Electronic Device

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Oct 5, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. Cisafl

Cisafl New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, who else scoffed at the idea of the iPad upon its announcement? Raise your hand.
  3. TREYisRAD

TREYisRAD Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Both my parents bought one. So there's always an iPad available without having to walk up or down stairs.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. kurt178

kurt178 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i still think its a stupid product...just kidding. actually ever since getting the ipad i use my iphone basically as a normal phone. now i hate the tiny screen, and avoid using it-weird eh?. its making me want to get the 4.3inch windows 7 phone that i saw on engadget.

i love the ipad, but i think i want a slightly bigger screen which there are a few to be released.
  5. Spark1223

Spark1223 Banned

I'd recommend it to someone who could afford it over a kindle. But if they were choosing an iPod Touch or iPad I'd say get an iPod Touch unless there was another reason they wanted the iPad (bigger screen). Personally I favor the touch because it can fit in my pocket easier and I don't mind the smaller screen. The iPad would also be harder to protect for me. But, its still an awesome product and a welcome addition to the iDevices. So, if it attracts different types of users (*cough* old people who can't see *cough) then I think its good.
  6. RodSan

RodSan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Cisafl, I scoffed at the time but now I own one!

Let's be honest, the iPad is just amazing. But, back then, I thought it was just a bigger iPod Touch. Well, I was wrong...

7. CarlosTheJackl

CarlosTheJackl Member

I scoffed at the idea, thought it was stupid, a big iPod Touch? phff.

Then I used one and thought, I would love to have this as the multimedia tool of my house. I love the interfaces it has, playing music from the stock Music Apps UI to air speakers wirelessly would be awesome. Getting video out to play on my TV would be great specially with its awesome battery . Playing some games like Labyrinth 2 or even Canabalt would be a blast, don't know about Jet Car Stunts or Minigore though, however I know one thing I now want one, but cant afford one

As some users have said, I would need to own a Touch / iPhone so I can go portable, but i would love an iPad for home/personal use.
  8. JLick

JLick Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Raises hand.

I need to test one before I continue calling it an iPod Touch. But OMG, I was sure this was a future fail, but damn was I wrong.

Mom keeps saying she wants one, so whenever she gets hers, I'll speak on the matter.
  9. mgs2ss

mgs2ss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    People doubted the iPad would do well? It is a computer illiterate person's fantasy! All of the features they will need (Safari for casual browsing, music and video, email) with none of the confusing aspects of Mac OS or Windows.

Yes, it may be extremely overpriced (you could get a decent gaming PC or a mid to high range non-gaming laptop for the same price), but that price would definately be worth it for the simplicity. It really is just a huge iPod touch, but that is exactly what some people need.
  10. Dewed

Dewed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I think all the other companies thought it wouldn't sell. Now they're having to play "catch up".

I realize there have been tablets in the past. But they didn't catch on. Then came iPhones and iPods. Once people had those, they wished they could have something bigger.

http://krapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ipadowner.jpg