iPad stuck on Apple Logo after DL'ing custom theme

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Raylin, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Raylin

Raylin New Member

Hello.
    For those who don't know, my name is Raylin. It's a pleasure to meet you guys.

Quite frankly, I had exhausted all of my options. I have recently come into the possession of an iPad through my local college. The iPad originally ran iOS 3.2 and it was quickly jailbroken through the use of JailbreakMe (bless comex's little soul). All was well up until the point when I tried to install a custom theme through Cydia. All looked like it was going according to plan until my iPad gave me a standard dialog at the bottom that said "Reboot Device" instead of the usual "Back to Cydia". I figured the custom theme needed to save some settings so, I do so. The device reboots and the iPad now forever hangs on the Apple logo. I wasn't able to save any SHSH's with Cydia because their databases closed for that OS. Apple stopped signing their previous OS's and now, I am totally screwed.

tl;dr: I want to jailbreak my iPad. I am not sure if I can if I upgrade to 3.2.2 and I don't really wanna wait for a new exploit. Could someone tell me a way to force a 3.2 or 3.2.1 OS on the device without Apple knowing? Or is there a way to temporarily spoof the ECID so I can use the Shift+Restore function in iTunes? Or better yet, can someone fix the problem that seemed to have halted my iPad in the first place?

Thank you.
  2. athjr

athjr New Member

I think there is a program to stop that on here or if you look on google.
  3. Raylin

Raylin New Member

Could you possibly give me a little more information here?
    I am a newb when it comes to Apple products.

Could you give me the name of the program?
  4. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would recommend a DFU restore. Search the forum or google for a guide on how to put your device in DFU mode.
  5. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    try a shift restore
  6. Raylin

Raylin New Member

@pyromatic + lolmao: I tried a DFU shift restore. Keeps throwing back error 3194. I assume that is because Apple isn't signing the OS?

Perhaps it is a SpringBoard crash? It happened when I installed a custom theme...
  7. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try ssh in, or use iphone browser if it works with ipad and delete the file
  8. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Get iFunbox (google it) connect your iPad upto it, go into /Library/Themes and delete the theme that caused it.
  9. Psyko

Psyko Member

3XXX errors is iTunes not being able to communicate with Apple. Check your hosts file and take out any entries involving iTunes.