iPad SHSH ...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iCeD00D, Aug 13, 2010.

1. iCeD00D

iCeD00D New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I figure I might as well grab my SHSH files off my pad before I forget .. So like with my touch I used the AutoSHSH program... Needless to say it crapped out on me with a Java error. So I went back and used Umbrella after finding my ECID and sure enough, couldn't get my SHSH's from Apple or Cydia. Even though on my Cydia page it says that my SHSH's are stored there.. Any thoughts on how I can grab these to store them locally? Thanks..
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well you won't be able to get them them apple now, make sure umbrella has the right ECID. Otherwise i don't know, i have found cydia has shsh for my iPhone for firmwares ive never been on!
  3. iCeD00D

iCeD00D New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Tks .. Yeah tripple checked my ECID and it was correct....The only option you have on Umbrella is "3.2" for the pad and I can't seem to get them from cyndia or apple.... is there a way to extract them from Cydia so I can store them locally?
  4. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well yer, use umbrella but select Cydia as the source rather than Apple. If the SHSH are stored on Cydia then you should be able to grab them. Though I'm not sure about how u select specific firmware SHSH. You could try pointing your hosts to Cydia and restoring to the firmware you want? That'll tell you if there stored or not.
  5. CaptainJackHarkness

CaptainJackHarkness New Member

You won't be able to get the SSH. If Cydia says you have it - it should be there for the 3.2.1 firmware on their firmware. Should you need to restore, use the guide here as described for the iPhone series for SHS restores. The guide can be translated to iPad easily. Remember, SSH allows you to restore you iOS to the default 3.2.1 firmware as downgrading is restricted ala Apple Update (even if you can load custom iOS's).