Ipad Screen Protection - Your experience wanted

Discussion in 'iPad' started by feral, Aug 27, 2010.

1. feral

feral New Member

I have a anti-glare screen protector over my Iphone and love it. I like that it was easy to install, no sticky glue stuff and best of all no bubbles. I have looked and find $3 and $30 screen protectors for the Ipad. What have you done, what do you like and what didn't work.
  2. jtrosky

jtrosky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I've heard good things about Power Support anti-glare screen protectors. Also heard good things about Speck anti-glare.

Not all anti-glare protectors are equal - some cause a lot of screen distortion (almost looks like pixelation). Others look just fine and do the job.... I personally got mine from ebay - terrible customer support but I love the screen protectors and better yet, the price. If interested, let me know and I'll find the Ebay link...
  3. Hikescdnrckys

Hikescdnrckys New Member

Moshi iVisor AG

I have tried the rest and finally found the best for me - the Moshi iVisor AG. They are a little difficult to find (I got mine on Amazon for $30) but worth the effort. My wife had complained about the bubbles on the Zagg and the iCon protectors so I did a little research and found this one:

http://store.moshimonde.com/ivisor-ag-ipad.html

In 10 seconds after opening the package I had the protector on first time with not a bubble in sight. Amazing! Some reviewers have complained that it reduced the clarity of the screen but my wife just noticed "hey no bubbles!"

I am a convert!
  4. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I dont use one, there impossible to get on and annoying.
  5. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I had a free plastic film protector from my otterbox case, it sucked, the bubbles actually moved and never went away, also smudged everytime i touched it.

So i got the zagg shield for 50% off, it was a b*tch to put on, very big and sticky. after finally getting it on a noticed a tiny thin hair. pried it up and removed it. the whole experience was painstaking and nerve wrecking, but I am VERY happy with it. the smudged barely show, scratch resilient an feels pretty good. i dont have any bubbles or creases, looks good. not to mention i can get another one for free anytime i want.
  6. BriZNiZ

BriZNiZ Member

Device:
    iPad
    You really shouldn't need one. I pre ordered the iPad and have had it since day one without any screen protection and the screen is still pretty much perfect. There's only one single scratch that is so small and faint I have to strain my eyes just to find it.
  7. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

If you are even going to get a protector, go for an anti-glare one. They act as an anti-fingerprint as well. Just be very steady in application.