iPad Questions And Info

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lewisoboy007, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Lewisoboy007

Lewisoboy007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im thinking of getting a iPad for Christmas but need to no a couple of things.

Battery Life Of The iPad
    What Gigs The iPad Is Available In
    What Networks Is The 3G Available In?
    And Is The iPad Easy To Carry Around And Take To Friends Etc. ?
  2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

google is your best friend or go to apple and read the specs but your answers are network ATT gigs 16 32 64 and its not extremly portable but its not impossible either
  3. Lewisoboy007

Lewisoboy007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    And how good is ATT? Whats the download rate etc. And do you have to pay a subscription fee to use ATT
  4. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It's definitely more portable than any other laptop you can think of, and you can definitely hold it in one hand (though not for hours on end) despite some of the claims here... If you have a side bag, it's a perfect fit.

Battery life is the least of your concerns with this device. It'll probably outlast anything else you can think of. In case you wonder, around 10 hours of run time on average no matter what you are running (game or not) is normal.

The download rate on AT&T 3G varies depending on where you are. It's typically around 2.5Mbps. The subscription fee can be paid automatically once you have activated the plan through your iPad's menu. 3G service comes without a contract so you can always cancel and reactivate your subscription at any time.
  5. Lewisoboy007

Lewisoboy007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks For The Info, Im a bit disapointed with the battery. I might go to the Apple store tommos and have a fiddle with them
  6. borgqueen

borgqueen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine last for 2 days and that playing We Rule all the time and surfing the web at various times all day. Activations on all day and I never turn it off with 4 pages of apps so far. After day 2 I have to recharge the battery usually down to 10 percent. Nothing to be disappointed in the battery .
    Love my iPad!!
  7. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Its 10 hours running time... if you keep it off its not only gonna last 10 hours.

How can you be disappointed with the battery life when its way better than any laptop on the market (and is probably better than most smartphones out there too).
  8. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well, it's not comparable to the Kindle, I think... The Kindle can last for weeks...

So if he had a Kindle before and he's expecting the same kind of battery life, I can see where he's coming from.
  9. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    True, but a kindle is only an ereader if I'm not mistaken (it has nowhere near the abilities and functionality of an iPad). Plus it doesn't have an LED screen.
  10. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yep. But to someone who is looking at the iPad because it can read books (iBook), I don't think much else matters.

Please Register or Log in to view images