iPad os4 different than iPod/iPhone os4?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SaMaster14, Aug 23, 2010.

1. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well, I was just wondering about what the rumors have been saying about the ipad's os4 and what you all think about the new software the iPad should be getting pretty soon

So, will/should the iPad get a different os4 than what the iPod and iPhone have now?

Or could the iPad get a totally new, more laptop-like os?
    (just a thought)

Discuss...
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think it will get 4.1 when the iPod Touch 4G comes out (which will run 4.1 natively) - so no different features I think.
  3. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)

Makes sense. And that's what I originally thought, but who knows.

Nice BMW btw... Is that a 3 series? What year?
  4. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    BMW 3 Series Touring, BMW isn't count by years

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's a "E46 LCI" produced from 2001 til 2005.
  5. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)

We are kinda off topic, but whatever, haha.
    As you can see by my avatar, I have an 09 Infiniti G37S. I love BMW though, I'm highly considering a loaded 335is coupe as my next car!

Back on topic....

Do we think the iPad as it is could possibly get a more laptop-like operating system? Or will it need new hardware or new guts?
    (plus there is that touch screen MacBook I've heard rumors about).
  6. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I don't think you will be able to use the iPad as stand alone device. Apple doesn't realize that people want that.
  7. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I really HOPE that we get some sort of special features. If not, I wouldnt know why we had to wait so long for the update. which is IMO required for a device this big and this handy

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    I would think the iPad version will have some extras, otherwise why would they take so long to release it? Its insides are practically the same as the iPhone 4, if it was going to be the same then all they would have to do is adjust the scaling and resolution, which I think isn't the case.
  9. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Honestly, I think iPad's iOS 4 is Going to look much different. Instead of the multitasking bar on the bottom, I think double clicking the home button will bring a list of apps that are running, along with a preview of that app from where you last left off. Alternately, for apps that do not support multitasking, it will simply show the splash of the app. as For The Music Controls, they might be on the bottom of the multitasking screen and available across all pages.

For Folders, I think they will be created the same way as on the iPhone and iPod touch, but viewing it will be different. You know, in contacts when you add a photo to a contact, and a little iPhone screen sized menu pops up, AND Acts almost similar to the iPhone photos app ? Well that's how I think folders will be. I think when you tap on a folder, a little iPhone screen sized menu will appear, which will look a little similar to the iPhone / iPod touch Homescreen, with the same spacing and everything.
  10. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No doubt it'll get game center