iPad or not?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by billyp1960, Aug 19, 2010.

1. billyp1960

billyp1960 New Member

I'm really tempted to buy an iPad but I can't decide if it would be a good investment, I know no one else but me can really make the decision, but I'd like to get your opinion. I have an iPhone 4, a broken iPod touch, 2 desktops and a laptop I just got last Christmas. I'm not sure exactly when I'd use it, but it just looks so awesome.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Did anyone else feel this way before purchasing theirs?
  2. Qwedgeonline

Qwedgeonline Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    It seems like you have everything you need, unless you get the 3G version for on-the-go web surfing or email making. Otherwise, it doesn't look like you need it. And no, I already had an iPod touch 2G, but I wanted something better. In your case, you have 3 better devices.
  3. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Buy one !.. You might have laptops, desktops and other idvices but once you hold and use the Internet on an iPad you'll feel the Magic ! seriously it feels really good to hold and use one, I love mine ! Also maybe if you add a chart so people could vote !
  4. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well, if you get a 3G version, it can be a mobile 3G hotspot for all of your other devices for several days on a charge. I usually use mine that way when I don't have any other use for it. Most of the time, though, I use my iPad as a secondary device to help me stay connected to the web, check emails, read the iPhone programming reference website, access Google and look for ways to troubleshoot a problem, or to broadcast music from Pandora, leaving my laptop free for professional work and professional work only.

Occasionally, I also use my iPad as a note taker, or drawing tablet, or even as a big touchpad for my Macbook when I work in Photoshop.