iPad or iPod?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bananaman22, Jun 12, 2010.

1. bananaman22

bananaman22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright so im in need of a new apple device, seeing as i still have an 8gb first gen iPod touch and i dont know what to get... i was either thinking a 16gb iPad or 16gb iPod touch 4g when it comes out.

1. i have alot of ipod touch apps and im worried about them not looking very good on the ipad and i really wouldnt want to re-buy them all in the hd version.

2. the ipod 4g probably wont come out for a while (september i think is usually when they come out) and my current ipod lasts for like an hour and a half before it runs out...

so what do you think? ipad or ipod?
  2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Will you be using it outside the house a lot? If so, iPod, but I suggest waiting to see what they have in September as not is a pretty bad time to buy an iPod. If it's all inside, buy the iPad.
  3. bananaman22

bananaman22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright i'll probably wait. besides it'll take a while for me to save up 600$ for an ipad anyways
  4. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    iPod. Period.
  5. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Do you listen to music a lot, or do other things like watching movies, net surfing, gaming, chatting, and messing with images and pictures or playing music instruments a lot? If it's the latter, I suppose an iPad would fit you more.
  6. mush

mush Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    HUGE price difference lol... but i choose ipod for the portability
    if ur gonna wait till sept then u might want look into gettin a battery replacement for ur first gen
  7. Trac3

Trac3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i say Ipod
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you can get your battery replaced, then get the iPad. If not, just wait for the iPod. Since your iPod can't even last you a day, you're going to want a new one sooner than later.
  9. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

I'd have to suggest that you ask yourself this, before you spend any money: what are you doing with it?

Will you need the larger screen for games which use HD mode, or reading? Or browsing the web? If so, then the decision's simple.

Or is the screen not an issue? Is music more your thing, or portability? If so, then wait for a bit longer and get a new Touch.
  10. DisneyRicky

DisneyRicky Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You really should have titles this "Pads or Pods" haha

Please Register or Log in to view images

So this wasn't a wasted post...I say iPad! It's extremely useful, and soon it will be on iOS4 (Same as iPod 3rd gen)