iPad or iPod Touch 4G?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NightRocker, Aug 30, 2010.

1. NightRocker

NightRocker Active Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Ok.. Me and my friend were talking about what iDevice we should get this year, iPad or iPod Touch 4G (With all iPhone4 features)
    and I say I would prefer iPod Touch 4G because it will probably have an Apple A4 proccessor, Retina display, 512MB of RAM and a 5MP camera (and most certainly a front facing camera. And I'm posting this on the iPad forum because now I'm gonna talk about the iPad: My friend says iPod Touch 4G sucks and I should get an iPad because of the larger screen, the same cool A4 proccessor and amazing HD graphics. And I would install winXP on it through bochs and get the ultimate iPad computer. So... what's better? (We don't know if the iPod Touch 4G will have all of these features. But Apple did confirm it is going to come up.) To help you better, heres a chart:

Please Register or Log in to view images

iTouch4G: 1GHz A4 proccessor
    iPad: 1GHz A4 proccessor
    iTouch4G: 512 MB RAM
    iPad: 256 MB RAM
    iTouch4G: Retina HD display (3.5 inch)
    iPad: HD non-Retina display (9.7 inch)

Ok Cya..
  2. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I'm personally getting both (have the iPad already and waiting for the new iPod)

Bit if you have to choose, I would get the new ipod4G unless you need a more laptop like device and don't need a camera/facetime.
  3. Shaquille

Shaquille New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPad bigger screen is better Games and Video's.
  4. mush

mush Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ipod touch cause of its portability
  5. NightRocker

Device:
    Nexus 4
    lol idk im 90% sure im getting the ipad since i have a 2g ipod touch.. not that much difference in performing after i enabled 3g features so its a 3g to me.. ill only get the 4G if its persuasive enough
  6. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ipod, double the accessable ram + 6" smaller!
  7. Bajingo Lingo

Bajingo Lingo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you already have a G2, I'd go with the iPad, I didn't think I wanted one, but I tried one out in pc world and it is surreal. I'm currently stuck in a ipad/netbook dilemma, I'd go for the iPad in a heart beat if it wasn't for the practicality a nebook has for college. Either way both devices are awesome, so goodluck

8. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The iPad is perfect for school. My friends where using it to take notes back in HS
  9. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    exactly what I'm doing this year

You can't really do that on the ipod. but if you already have a good (and portable) laptop for school work, the Ipod may be the way to go... its very portable, good with games and apps... plus possible facetime and camera. (more of a mobile device, while the ipad would be more of a laptop replacement type device/netbook)
  10. NightRocker

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I dont really care about the RAM and portability right now. I'll get the iPad for gaming because its really neat and easy to use.. Wait, does the iPad have a better graphics card than the iPhone 4?