iPad or iPod 4G? A simple decision, for a complex consumer.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by music4life, Sep 30, 2010.

1. music4life

music4life Active Member

Well, it's been a very long while since I've been on here. And I've gone through countless iPods since. And now I'm questioning whether the small, sleek, design is right for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Maybe it'll take something bigger and better...? Couldn't tell you. I've looked at review, after review and done various comparisons.

And I've concluded that I'm at a loss for deciding whether I want:
    • An iPad - expensive, but seems like it has a promising future (i.e. apps, multitasking, etc.)
    • An iPod 4G - cheaper, has some cute cameras on either side which is useful for my music career, but it's very small compared to the iPad and size can become a big issue for me (bigger the better IMO).
    • Nothing - stick with my ancient 2gb iPod Nano, be somewhat satisfied, and blow all my money on buds. (Haha)
    Even after all that reason&logic I STILL CAN'T DECIDE.

What the hell do I do? Because I always welcome a second opinion.

Didn't mean to write you a whole novel to read, but lastly, If I were to go for an iPod, a very large part of my decision would be due to the price. (I'm a senior in highschool, my bank account hasn't reached 6 figures...YET

)
  2. Simple Answer: iPod touch 4.

It can do nearly everything the iPad can, but smaller.
  3. bucko

bucko New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i have both and if i could only pick one i would pick the ipod. it is smaller but almost has teh same screen rez. gaming on the ipod is better, ipad is to big. but you would have to get the 32gb 8 is not enough i have 8gb worht of games on my 32gb.
  4. Moonrocks34

Moonrocks34 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    The iPod 4 is a better choice for now.. recent news shows that future iPads will have USB ports and a face camera, so right now I would say the iPod. Wait for the iPad, then you might have enough money to buy the new one

5. mojoman0

mojoman0 New Member

don't get the first gen ipad, its just so short on features like a camera, ram, low res screen. Surely a much better ipad will come out next year and so on but I would just hold off on the first gen
  6. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There was a similar thread about this, and I'll say the same as I said there.

I prefer the touch for it's portibility, and it being handheld makes it easy to just pull out and use.

The iPad however is probably more fun, and has more features and fun things that you can do with it, not to mention the obviously bigger screen.

But for me... touch all the way, portability and price.
  7. Louis_iPodTouchFan

Louis_iPodTouchFan New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Get an iPod touch 4g if you're not patient enough to wait until the iPad 2 comes out
    or wait and stick with your nano and get the iPad 2 when it's out

8. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Either wait for iPad 2 to come out within the next several months...or get an iPod Touch 4.

All depends on what you use it for too, of course. If you need it for portability, obviously the iPod would be better. I don't think carrying around a 9.7" iPad is ideal for listening to music when your on the go.

On the other hand, if you need it for more of a tablet, the iPad is much more ideal for creating documents and spreadsheets. Also, easier to browse the internet and quicker.

If you decide for an iPad, get the iPad 2G when it comes out. It will have cameras and features similar to the iPT 4g
  9. FrederickGeek8

FrederickGeek8 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    ipod touch 4
  10. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPad 2 when it comes out