iPad Now or Wait

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hovik818, Sep 15, 2010.

?

You Should........

1. Buy iPad NOW!

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Wait For New iPad It Will Be Out Soon

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. hovik818

hovik818 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    well i need help with a hard problem i was thinking of buying a iPad but i am wondering am i gunna make the wrong decision. so should i wait for the new iPad if there is gunna be a new one or just buy it because there isnt gunna be a new one for a year or more. please i need help. thank you!
  2. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

I'm waiting until the iPad 2, it should be revealed in January and in-stores by April if Apple repeats history.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You should wait.
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah i agree with the others you should wait
    You will feel it was worth the wait once you watch next years iPad keynote with all the niffty new features and better hardware (CPU/GPU/RAM etc.)
  5. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    With iOS 4.2, there's not a lot you can complain about the specifications of the iPad. It's one of those things that you gotta see to really believe.

Trust me, it's even smoother, and that's not to say iPad on 3.2.x is not smooth.

So that said, I'd say go for it now if you think you want one. Otherwise, try the waiting game, but I doubt you'll see anything new in the next 6 months.
  6. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

Apple goes by the "tick tock" method once it comes to releasing iPod touch/iPhone, so I bet they are going to do it with the iPad too. What that means is:

1st Gen - Release
    2nd Gen - Major Update
    3rd Gen - Minor Update
    4th Gen - Major Update

and onwards...

Now, lets say the iPad 2 was out and he asked this question, then most of us would think it would be right to stick with the iPad 2.
  7. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Actually, the iPhone went like this:

1st gen - release
    2nd gen - revision (just adds 3G)
    3rd gen - perfection (you can't do anything else to make it faster or smoother)
    4th gen - redesign

They don't do tick-tock. It just happened. In terms of hardware, 3rd gen would truly be the new generation as you can immediately feel the performance. 4th gen is just something that is different.

Considering they already have the hardware, I don't doubt the next iPad will likely just have a camera and 512MB of RAM but the very same hardware, since it seems to work just fine now. iPhone 4 would likely just get a 4G modem and be called iPhone 4G instead. Then we'll see an iPhone 4GS... inevitably...
  8. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

Hmm, you are the only person on the forum that specifies it like that. For all I know, most people see the iPhone 3G as a MAJOR update from the iPhone 2G. Also, most people see the iPhone 4 as a MAJOR update from the iPhone 3GS.
  9. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I dobut they reuse those same silly names.

Right now its called the iPhone 4 as well as iPhone 4G (for generation) and yet it does not include 4G access or even 4G ready. (mostly because ATT doesn't have 4G and steve loves ATT)

If the iPhone ever gets a larger screen I expect a name like iPhone HD or something.

but if not, or even then I expect Apple to just use the numbers, like iPhone 5 etc.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well the second generation iPhone got a new design and 3G access. The third generation was the revison with a faster processor. The fourth got a major makeover plus a few new features so the 5th should be a minor and 2012's 6th generation should be major.
  10. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @ bahamutspirit
    No one said the current iPad is "bad" or not good enough
    It just that the new one will be better and its not to far off

On probable hardware upgrades
    Coterx A8 clocked at 1.2Ghz/1.5Ghz or maybe even a Cortex A9 at 1Ghz
    Much needed GPU upgrade for the iPad: SGX 540
    512MB RAM
    Front Facing Camera

Seeing as how the iPad is Apple tablet flagship, and may spartphones are coming out this year with Cortex A9 dual core single core clocked at 1GHz+