iPad Now On Sale At Verizon Wireless and AT&T

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by qaiz, Oct 28, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

In case you guys didn't realize, today is the day that the iPad is now available over at Verizon. Of course, as expected, it’s the Wi-Fi only version, but hey it still comes with that MiFi 2200 Mobile Hotspot peripheral. The Cellular giant is selling many different variants of the iPad including the 16GB iPad at $629, 32GB at $729 or the 64GB at $829. With that also comes a price of $20 for 1GB, $35 for 3GB or $50 for 5GB of data per month without any commitment.

Even more so, AT&T will be selling the WiFi+3G iPad today in 16GB ($629), 32GB ($729), and 64GB ($829) variants with contract-free data plans for 250MB of data ($14.99) or 2GB of data ($25) per month with free access to AT&T's 23,000+ domestic WiFi hotspots. AT&T's is also offering international plans ranging from 20MB for $24.99 per month on up to 200MB for a staggering $199.99 per month. Ouch.

Hit the links below if any of them two deals enlighten you.

Verizon
    AT&T
  2. TREYisRAD

TREYisRAD Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hrm, guess I forgot to update the post after I linked it to this thread

Sorry qaiz!
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
  4. Janet

Janet Banned

That's great! Just in case you can't get one from the fully-stocked shelves of every Target and Walmart, you have an alternative.
    But overall, it's good news for Apple! More people can get the iPad from many ways, and just let the iPad is full of every corner, provide for more chance for those apps developers such as iFunia, a MAC video converter tools manufacturer live on Apple.
    aha, seems it's possible that much more be happy than apple...
  5. deepdvd

deepdvd Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think an important item people often don't mention when getting the WiFi version is the lack of GPS. Sure, you'll have a mobile hotspot with Verizon, but there are other ways of getting that through jailbreaking.
  6. elimcfly

elimcfly Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've always been confused about this. Does 2GB mean like you can only transfer 2gb a month? Like using up one fourth of your monthly 3G allowance on downloading a 500mb game?
  7. multitouchu

multitouchu Member

Yes. 2GB a month.
  8. macdude

macdude New Member

exactly, however it would be impossible to do download a 500mb game over 3g because apple has a max of 10mb.

This deal looks pretty good and I would love to get just the mifi by itself and use it as an "iphone" but if you do that, the lowest plan you can get is $35 for 3 gigs. But if you buy it with the ipad you get 1gb for $20. Would it be worth it to buy the combo, sell the ipad and keep the mifi in order to get this lower plan? Even if the iphone goes on verizon, it will cost 15 bucks a month for only 150mb of data a month. Is this easy to live off of or would it destroy the fun of the iphone?
  9. 1337K1N6

1337K1N6 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think people will just wait for the iPad 2 and then buy that with the Mi-Fi from Verizon, unless they really want an iPad now.

EDIT: Oh sh.. I didn't read the date of the last post before posting!!1! Sorry for bumping this dead thread