iPad keyboard dock or apple Bluetooth keyboard??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Joeystorybmx, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Joeystorybmx

Joeystorybmx Banned

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    • Immature or obscene comments
    I made 80 bucks babysitting today and I want to buy a keyboard for my iPad. Both have there pros and cons for me and here they are:
    Pros of the keyboard dock:can charge the iPad at the same time as powering the keyboard.
    It's a dock as well as a keyboard.
    iPad customized controls.
    Cons of iPad keyboard dock: more expensive.
    I like to lay down in bed and type to use aim and I don't think the iPad wiuld be able to stand up on my lap.

Pros for the wireless keyboard: more versatile
    Cheaper
    Cons for the wireless keyboard: uses batteries which is a big problem for me.
    Bluetooth drains iPad battery life
    You have to enter some gay ass code when you wAnt to use it.
    Really ugly and the controls are customized for iPad.

Also using it on other devices doesn't matter to me as I don't have a desktop.
    Sorry about the spelling errors. I'm on my iPad right now. Once I buy a keyboard maybe I will have less retarded looking posts.
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Keyboard dock.
  3. Joeystorybmx

Joeystorybmx Banned

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I was thinking the same
  4. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yeah keyboard dock is the way to go
  5. jtrosky

jtrosky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I'd highly recommend the Apple bluetooth keyboard. The batteries seem to last forever (still haven't changed them) and you only need to enter the "gay ass code" the very first time you sync the keyboard with iPad.

Now, when I want to use the keyboard, I simply turn on bluetooth via SBSettings and press any key on the keyboard and viola - it's connected. I love the small overall size, yet full size keys as well. Nice feel to the keys also. Plus, I almost always use my iPad in landscape mode now (have a 3-way type case) and the dock only works in portrait mode. Very awkward and bulky as well.... Just my opinion of course!

I have a regular dock and never use it because my iPad is ALWAYS in the 3-way case, so it can't be docked unless I take it out of the case. Although, no real need for a dock with the 3-way case!
  6. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Who do you babysit for ? 80$ that's around £100 ! Anyway Bluetooth keyboard anyway !
  7. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Bluetooth keyboard.

The iPad keyboard isn't portable. You just have a lump sticking out if you putting it into a suitcase.
  8. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Seriously, if you look at almost any legit review comparing the two, bluetooth comes out as the much preferred. I have the bluetooth keyboard for mine and I absolutely love it. Plus, I use Activator to simulate some of the keyboard dock's special functions using the volume buttons on the bluetooth keyboard.

Battery life is not an issue with either one. My iPad battery lasts forever (and ever (and ever)) when using the keyboard, and I have also never changed the keyboard batteries. I can also confirm only having to enter the "gay ass code" once.
  9. Conya

Conya Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Get the bluetooth keyboard, because you can't use the dock if the iPad is landscape.
  10. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    use the virtual keyboard. why buy an external?