iPad keeps rebooting by itself!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by freemini, Jul 3, 2010.

1. freemini

freemini Active Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Here's the little story:
    Before the first reboot I remember deleting the CommCenter launchdaemon and AOSnotification. After that I uninstalled Insomnia. After 2 minutes it rebooted while I was on the internet. I said OK, it happens, but from then it just kept rebooting every 2-5 minutes. I'm downloading the IPSW now, my really concern is that it may be a hardware problem, if it is so, I hope the Apple Store here in Palma has some replacements since I'm leaving on Tuesday. Also, can they tell if I messed with the LaunchDaemons after a restore?(with or without restore from backup). I'm kinda scared, I read on the Apple Forums and I'm not the only one with this issue. I just hope it's Insomnia or some removed launchdaemon..
    UPDATE: I finally woke up, I'm syncing my apps now, I'll wait on the jailbreak, see if it reboots. I also didn't restore from backup. It looks like it was from Insomnia.
    Off-topic: I love when something goes wrong and I can use it while it's syncing =))
  2. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    They may be able to find something if you restore from a backup. So just do a fresh restore and set it up as a new iPad and maybe download a couple of apps here and there to make it more convincing. If you buy an app once on your account then you can always just redownload it free of charge (one more great thing from Apple).

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Dec 6, 2007
    I have a similar problem, but my ipad does this random reboot like once in a month or something