Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

iPad jailbreakable?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nooflyer, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Nooflyer

Nooflyer New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    [4/4/2010] Update 2 by admin: It has now been confirmed that the iPad is jailbreakable. See this blog post for more information: http://www.ipadimo.com/blog/3588/

[3/25/2010] Update 1 by admin: It is now likely that the iPad is jailbreakable. We have added a dedicated iPad jailbreak forum section where you can discuss all aspects of the iPad jailbreak, including today's news from Geohot about a potential development in the search for a jailbreak.

I don't want to get banned for just asking a simple question! so i'm just curious if it's possible! It seems like its just an upscaled iphone using 4.0 software! I only jailbreak my ipod touch for themes! If Apple would just include themes into their software there really wouldn't be a need for jailbreaking the iDevices!
    I've also been looking at the MacWorld presentation with Steve Jobs and he said that there will be 3rd party apps for the iPad! i just can't wait to get it! i'm saving up now! lol thanks
  2. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This has been asked before... no one knows as of now (its not out yet)
  3. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    there is no way of telling till we get our greedy hands on this beautiful device, once we connect to our computers we can check the iBoot firmware they put on it. Im guessing it will be brand new in which case we will have to see if the dev team or anyone else is willing to play around with this device to try and uncover a loop hole.

by 3rd party apps they mean the appstore will be available for the iPad

and if you look at the keynote presentation which they have posted an official video of the entire thing, you can see the springboard has custom backgrounds and Steve Jobs mentions it quickly that you will be able to change the background. This does not mean we can creat custom icons yet though
  4. noah

noah New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    im getting one, i dont mind if it is jailbreakable or not because you can already install backgrounds .
  5. macdude2

macdude2 Member

yeah well after this I highly doubt iphone OS 4.0 will not have a changeable background.
  6. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nothing is unhackable, so yes it will be jailbroken eventually.
  7. Dónde?

Dónde? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Forget that, bootrom will be new.