iPad is... a comic book reader!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zc456, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Zc456

Zc456 Member

And more! Focusing on comics, I just got an e-mail from Panelfly that visually says there porting there Comic Book application onto the iPad. Gizmodo gets even more in depth about it and giving preference to the last article that talked about it, prior to the iPad's announcement. This is great news for comic lovers (such as myself.) I don't really live near a comic book shop so this is extremely handy.

We all know the device can do other things. I'm just focusing on this. So, please, don't derail the topic.
  2. Masder

Masder New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    YES! I would love a manga/comic book reader and store
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just the type of news I love

Please Register or Log in to view images

Made a front page piece on it and linked it back here.
  4. oaqque

oaqque New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If Apple took control that would be EXACTLY what we need. Apple takes control of all their stores very well... Although they should probably finalise the iBook store before moving on to comics. Although for all we know there could be comics in the iBook store... Doubtful right?
  5. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Well so far publishers are jumping for joy over the iBook Store. So who knows.
  6. oaqque

oaqque New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Definitely but i've noticed that Asian music and the such aren't seen much on the iTunes store. Only one of Jay Chou's albums are on the iTunes store.

Manga might not catch on but comics probably will =D
  7. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Panelfly will become the iTunes Store for comics. XD Anyway, there is Manga on it, just not sure how much. If myFly is any success then I'm sure it'll take off; if DeviantART is any indication of how popular the genre is then I dunno what is.

Thank you!

8. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Waiting with baited breath until the freak out...

Can't wait until I can purchase some Neil Gaiman on the iBook Comic Reader store.

9. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    on my itouch, I use the app my comics which allows you to upload cbr/cbz files. I wonder if an optimised version of that will be released?
  10. itouchmty

itouchmty Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How much would this comics cost?

Because they are stupid if you think comic book fans are going to pay the same price in paper and digital format.

The reason the publishers have given trough history to explain the huge increase in the price is the ever rising cost of paper.

A comic book is a collectible item, a digital copy of that comic book is practically worthless in the long run.

I would love that the IPad returns the American comic to its glory days, when it was an attractive medium of entertainment, instead of the overpriced crap we see this days. That can only happens if the consumers stop seeing their purchase as a long term inversion where you shouldn't read the damn comic or it might lose its mint status

But for some reason I don't think we are going to see comics under $1

I can see manga getting pretty popular. Unlike comics the current manga fanbase really cares about the content of the manga and not the value it might get.
    Would be great if manga publishers like Shueisha stop the whole regional licensing and just release the mangas globally. With a viable digital publishing they don't have any excuses anymore