iPad in recovery mode but won 't recover

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Steve Pearce, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Steve Pearce

Steve Pearce New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have an iPad (64GB WiFi running 3.2) that was jailbroken. In Cydia I was notified of an essential update. I allowed it to continue and the iPad rebooted. However it didn't restart, I just got the Apple logo and a rotating arrow. Waited a while (30 minutes) but it didn't continue.

In attempting to restart the iPad I managed to get it into recovery mode, iTunes says it needs to be restored. So iTunes downloads 3.2.1 and starts a restore. This seems to proceed normally but then stops just before the bars both in the iPad and iTunes get to the end. I waiting overnight but it didn't complete. Anyone have any bright ideas on how to recover it?
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    DFU mode.
  3. Steve Pearce

Steve Pearce New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've been trying to get it into DFU mode but haven't managed it yet.
  4. jipad

jipad New Member

Is it the same method as the iphone? Hold power and home for about 10 seconds then let go of power and keep holding home down for another 10 or 20 seconds? I kept getting my ipod touch into dfu mode when i wanted recovery mode, dfu blank screnn, recovery mode itunes logo. Let us know how it goes, good luck
  5. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It took me a while but i got it in eventually. Try the different methods, there are more than one.
  6. Steve Pearce

Steve Pearce New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Still no luck with DFU, I thought I'd got it once as the screen was blank but iTunes seemed to have a connection. Doing a restore caused a white screen to briefly be shown but then it just seemed to do a normal restore and then hang at the same point. Looks like I'm going to have to take it into an Apple Store after all.
  7. Numbah81

Numbah81 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Download Recboot open up the exit only program click exit recovery mode your device should wake if it doesn't work get into Umbrella the thing used to save SHSH blobs and it should say kKick out of recover mode
  8. Steve Pearce

Steve Pearce New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Using Recboot appears to have made things worse, now when I plug it in I get the screen with the USB connector and iTunes logo but the iPad then goes into a reboot loop. It only stops if I unplug the iPad from the PC.
  9. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    That's because Recboot doesn't support your device.

Try a different computer.
  10. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I had the exact same error with this update from cydia... but I was able to recover as normal... problem for me is that everytime I install that particular update my iPad ends up in this bootloop -.- anyone any suggestions?