iPad First Impressions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Appman, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Here are my first impressions of the new Apple iPad.

1. It's OS: it's a modified iPhoneOS and I hope it's a preview of the next update for iPhone and iPod touch firmware features. It wouldve been nice if it ran Snow Leopard.

2. iWork: very impressive and really like how it is on the iPad.

3. Hardrive GBs: it would be nice if the capacity would be larger than 64gb. Maybe a 120 gb version.

4. Lack of webcam was a little disappointing.

5. Apps: I like it that it will be able to run most iPhone apps and games.

6. Carriers: I like how it will be 3g compatible.

7. Name: I particularly don't like the name "iPad"

8. Design: it's more of a big iPod touch than anything.

Summary: Another great product from Apple. With a few more features it would be even better.
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Who the flying FECK needs a camera on a 10-inch tablet?!?
  3. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oops meant to put webcam.
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i agree with most of that, but there WILL be a webcam i=on the next model
  5. Dónde?

Dónde? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It's a flash drive, so it'd have to be 128GB or 256GB, pretty soon though, we'll have microSD cards in Terabytes.
  6. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Oh I didn't realise you worked for apple.
  7. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Its annoying that everyone says it looks like an iPod touch, sure the front sort of resembles an iPod touch (home button and the actual os)

Why is everyone forgetting it also looks like a Mac book pro or air?

It has the black borders like the Mac book pro and air has, which is really nice

Please Register or Log in to view images

, also the backing is just like the Macs. So instead of AMG LARGE IPOD TOUCH, you could say, omg looks like a mac book pro screen

Not trying to start a fight or anything, just pointing out what everyone seems to forget

But I do agree with most of what you say

8. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i want to start a fight.

people are just dismissing the iPad because its the 'cool' thing to do. if people would look at it from a different perspective instead of the "lol dur its just a lolbig ipod" bandwagon.
  9. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Flaming and/or trolling
    You wanna know why it looks more like an iPhone/iPod touch than a Mac or an Cinema Display ? BECAUSE of home button, actual OS (including the lock screen?? WTF, Apple!!!) and even the volume buttons !

I'm so hopping on the "lol dur its just a lolbig ipod" bandwagon... Mainly because it's true. [redacted]
  10. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad

Without the home button, the iPad will be useless, say the iPad breaks and you want to do a DFU restore, oh yeah you can't. Besides, its a nice design IMO, its not doing any damage being there.

Do you critize the mac book pros and macs for having keyboards with buttons :O, oh yeah and they have ON/OFF BUTTON, why don't you critize them?

If you do a survey im sure you will find out people prefer physical buttons, thats why they add the volume buttons instead of stupid sensors or virtual buttons on screen.

You havn't even seen the final version of it, so how can you and anyone else be so negative about it, besides its the first gen device, of course its going to be limited.

In my opinion, it looks more like a mac book air then giant iPod.

The reason they use the iPhone OS on it is to help the battery life and keep it easy to use as a touch screen device, id like to see you try operate the device when its full OS with all them tiny buttons and battery problems.

Also, i'm sure you don't work for apple, but maybe they will add more features to lock screen, however i like the simplicity of it, I mean whos it hurting, at least its easy to use and not to clustered.

And the whole part about my head up steve jobs ...., how immature can you get? I'm sorry that I see the potential of the iPad. Some people are just to ignorant to listen and see what its actually for.

Peopel like you make me want to quit these forums. If you don't like it then stay out of these forums and causing fights?

It really makes me wonder, is everyone being negative about the iPad (the device they have only seen on videos mostly)to be cool and seem awesome?, if you was expecting more features, you was building up the rumours too much.

EDIT:

If people want to keep saying it looks like an iPod touch, why not go all the way, the ipod classic is a blown up version of the ipod nano, and the nano is a blown up version of the shuffle, etc etc.

If this post seems like a flame, I don't intend it to be, im trying to clear up some stuff, and if im breaking rules with anything, im happy to have the post removed etc.
    And i apologize if anything i say is wrong

(ive never tried the iPad so i know the same amount as most of you lol)