iPad DRM :(

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iptman, Jan 28, 2010.

1. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I agree as a consumer, but if I were one of their investors (which I am not), I would be happy that they are doing this.
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    is this the same as the killswitch?
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It's always profitable to stifle anything resembling competition.

Apple has done remarkably "well" in terms of getting away with anti-competitive practices. (Though AT&T and contract exclusivity are partially to fault). Microsoft got smacked by the EU, and Google worrying many people for all the private info they have amassed.

Maybe some consumer-rights activists with some good lawyers will catch up to Apple one day, but for now, things like this will be the norm.

Yes, I am a cynic

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Killswitch is a myth, it was overrated issue. I little laughed when they discover that all mighty fix iPhone service servers domain block eventually blocked Push Notifications, i knew this would end up like this when i seen the fix itself.

Anyway Those are Anti-DRM fanatics and there always been that whining about limitation, but they forget that non-DRM systems means freedom for piracy, for companies better to have hackable DRM then non-DRM. As developer, those are happy with DRM ether way, 99$ for tools are nothing or coder (Office or Photoshop cost more!). But i'm not saying they should stop crisize it, there always good to show demand to lower limits, but non-DRM systems are absurd