iPad bug, annoying and frustrating!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ari., Jul 1, 2010.

1. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    When scrolling photos app to fast causing my iPad to crash and get stuck at apple logo for 15 minutes, then it goes back to normal.

Anyone know if this is a bug in firmware or due to jail breaking, I only have cydia and sbsetting.

Im dreading a restore, and hoping 4.0 fixes it, but yeah anyone else know of this issue?
  2. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I haven't had this issue, but I've certainly had many worse than that. -_-

Sorry about your problem, hopefully they will fix a LOT of things in 4.0...
  3. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Totally agree !
  4. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yeah i guess, seems like a long wait for 4.0 for iPad', i'm hoping they will be adding some big updates that arnt in 4.0 for iPhone, i'd gets etc maybe.

Why else is it taking so long to release compared to 4.0 for iPhone.

oh well, i guess i can live with it for now lol, drives me crazy though

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I think the reason it is taking so long is that they have to upscale all the new features to fit the iPad !.. Maybe they'll add stocks,clock and weather ? And you never know they might even add a few features which are unique to the iPad ? I hope so !.
  6. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Just so you know, iPhone 4 with 512MB of RAM is not entirely exempt from crashing. At least it's holding its own together just fine if you don't go too crazy.

Perhaps try to scroll a bit slower? You know, if you tried to scroll that fast on an Android phone, it would freeze up instead of crashing... (tried this on an Xperia X10)

Even typing on the iPad too fast would also freeze or crash the app. I think we are just too used to the smoothness of the newer iDevices that we forgot that the base is still for the older devices, which are much slower to respond to our every interaction.
  7. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    yah i guess i can go a bit slower, but they advertise it as 'scroll fats to go fast' kinda, so i do what they say and it crashes iPad, but i guess i can go slow lol
  8. alihamilton

alihamilton Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the same problem with "saved photos" I downloaded Photo Sort, put the photos into albums and deleted most of them from my Saved Photos. I have also created albums in my photo library which makes it easier to sort them. So no more scrolling through hundreds at a time and no more crashing.