iPad Backup/Restore Error?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JakeMan, Oct 21, 2010.

1. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So my iPad was all buggy and apps were crashing, so I backed up with iTunes and restored. I know it wasn't any Cydia packages causing the crashes. My main problem is: I can't restore the backed up settings from iTunes. I synced it as Jake's iPad. I have no option to restore settings for my iPad; only previous devices. Any guesses/reasons?
  2. williampablow

williampablow New Member

• Ads, referrals, or unapproved links
    hi jakeman,

this looks like the backup that was create by iTunes was not in a proper form or iTunes backup the data in which already the corruption was present and it causes the problem in the restoring iPad Backup. You can copy the backup file and upgrade the iTunes to later version and again do the backup process since it may possible that there may be the problem inside iTunes itself. You can also fresh install the iTunes to sort out this problem but if still the problem persists then you should use genuine iPad Backup Software. You can download this software from here: removed
  3. KingKoala

KingKoala New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you can try remove old backup and make a new backup.
    for remove backup: select iTunes main menu->Edit->Preferences, switch to "Device" tab, select an old backup in "Device Backups" list then press "Delete Backup" button.