iPad 3G problems.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by acfman17, Sep 4, 2010.

1. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I live in Canada and I bought the iPad 3G. When I put in my rogers sim card it it has some options but I can't find where to put in my credit card. It has apn, sim pin, roaming, and enable/disable options. It is connected to wifi and I turn it on. It connects and says Rogers and has full bars. When I turn off my wifi it shows the 3G symbol in the status bar and it is connected. But when I try to open something it says cannot connect. Please help I really need the 3G.
  2. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Did you unlock it?
  3. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    The iPad doesn't need unlocking.

Anyway, this happens because you didn't activate the SIM card. You need to activate the SIM card with the carrier before you put it into the iPad. Your best bet right now is to contact Roger's customer service and see if they can activate the phone number on the SIM card and get 3G service onto it. Otherwise, well, I think you'll need to either fit the SIM card back into a cell phone somehow and use the cell phone to activate the SIM, or get a new SIM card and remember to activate it before putting it into the iPad.

If Rogers officially supports the iPad, ask if they have any iPad-specific SIM. If they do, it should have their own menu for it in the Cellular Data in the Settings app.
  4. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All iPads are factory unlocked...
    To the OP, i think you need to contact rogers directly, i think AT&T is the only provider that lets you input all of the info on the iPad.
    EDIT: Ninja'd.
  5. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yep, no one can outpost me!

On a more serious note, I know some carriers in some countries would already support the iPad officially, and from my experience, even on AT&T, it seems only an iPad-specific SIM card would have the menu.
  6. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Isnt there a Rogers App in cydia?
  7. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Rogers is like AT&T and can have everything done on the iPad. It should be the exact same as doing it on AT&T if somebody could tell me how to do that. Also I don't need to activate it because it is an iPad specific micro sim. It is unlocked because it comes unlocked. And it is not jailbroken on 3.2.2.
  8. luke99

luke99 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    turn iPad off and then put it in microsim card, and then connect it to iTunes and update the carrier settings and then on the iPad go to settings and then cellular data and go view account and it will ask for credit card info and you pick your plan
  9. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Trying this right now
    EDIT: my computer doesn't work so I can't do this I was going to try to get it to work but no luck. Any way to do it without a computer?
    EDIT: synced it up and still nothing
  10. luke99

luke99 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thats weird cause i had the same problem as you, so then i just followed the instructions on rogers website and it worked. maybe just take your ipad into a rogers store and get them to do it for you