iPad 2G Announcement

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DWY, Oct 24, 2010.

1. DWY

DWY Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So I now have a job, and my school is allowing use of laptops during class now and I have decided the best laptop/tablet for that would be an iPad. That doesn't mean I wont use it at home though lol. But I think I'd rather wait and get the 2nd gen iPad since of course it will be better. I would like to know if anyone has a prediction on when they will announce it and when they would release it? I know there's no current event plannrd yet but I'd just like to know if anyone has any ideas.
    Sorry for the possible confusion. I'm tired lol.
  2. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well most predictions will be around the time when the iPad 1G first game out. (and i think that was april? not exactly sure) But my guess is around then!
  3. jtrosky

jtrosky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Another thing to remember - newer is not ALWAYS better! In my opinion, the originals iPad hardware design is just about perfect! i don't know of any widespread issues with the hardware at all. We might not be so lucky with the 2nd gen iPad.

Just like the iPhone 4 has it's share of issues, the 2nd gen iPad my have issues as well. then again, it may be better in every respect and have no issues to boot!

my point is that the current iPad is an awesome product - I wouldn't wait around for a replacement when the original is darn near perfect for what it was intended (in my opinion, obviously).

Just my two cents!
  4. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    They'll Anounce it during their January Keynote and then go on to release it on March/April. I also agree with jtrosky above, Newer not always better.

But I for one, a current Ipad owner, will be getting the 2g when released.
  5. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

Why not get the iPad 1g and upgrade if you like the new one. Since all I think it will get is facetime cameras and a ram upgrade. And maybe a better quality screen.
  6. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I heard it was coming next Summer. (2011). You should definitely wait for 2G
  7. simons94

simons94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    im waiting for the iPad to be released in sweden, but im prob goin to get the 2g when it arrives with facetime, a 1,5ghz processor and 1gig ram

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    FaceTime is inevitable, but whether anything else gets updated remains to be seen. Don't get your hopes up too high. You saw what happened with the iPod Touch 4.
  9. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I've said this in previous threads concerning this issue. Apple always includes something big in their 2nd gen devices. I don't understand your comment. How was the Ipod touch 4 a let down ?

Anyway a few months back Apple patent something really interesting concerning the iPad. Touch panels on the back, they want to make the 2nd gen iPad more user friendly. so the iPad recognises your touch and which way you hold it. Pretty nifty.
  10. rarisgod

rarisgod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'd also like to know how it was a letdown...although your signature has it crossed out, why is that?