IP3G, Is it worth to buy it now or wait for jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drill_the_hole, Sep 26, 2009.

1. drill_the_hole

drill_the_hole New Member

I've already liked the Ipod Touch 1G, but didn't buy it. Because i'm not really music lover. Sometimes i like to hear music or videoclip or movies, but not all the time.

Now, iPod Tuch 3G comes, it's not just about music n video anymore.

st8 to the point, I wanna buy the IP3G because Games and Apps, now i see IP3G is not jailbreakable untill now. Should i wait for it to be jailbreakable or just buy it now and wait for the jailbreak (if only it can be jailbreakable in the future). Please help me to decide guys....

I really appreciate your comments
  2. stratman71

stratman71 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Buy it now if you can find a good deal. Got my 64gb ipt3 for about $360 from ebay with bing and ebay cash. I would have waited myself if not for that. If the only reason you want it is to use cydia or the like, then go ahead and wait, but you never know when the next firmware might come out that will break the jailbreak again, thus causing you to wait longer....
  3. drill_the_hole

drill_the_hole New Member

well, likely the only reason i wanna buy IP3G is something like Cydia and jailbreak apps or games. Because looks like 3.1 or 3.1.1 is loaded with enough armor to neutralize the jailbreak methods, i just think that if i buy it now and it's not gonna be jailbreakable, it will mostly useless for me. I planned to buy IP3G-32GB.

One more, is there any portable app (no need to install) to explore the ipod touch disk, so i can use is as flashdisk (sure, i will bring the portable app with usb stick)
  4. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you want an iPod now, go ahead and buy it.

If it's not necessary, then wait until greenpois0n releases the jailbreak.
  5. stratman71

stratman71 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The author of GreenPois0n said he has cracked his IPT3 and is just writing the application to make it easier for the masses. So if you buy now, the 3.1 FW should be busted open is a week or two. But who knows what will happen if apple updates the FW on the next IPT's sold in the next few months.

...and as of now you need to jailbreak to view the IPT root directorys using something like DISKAID.
  6. david.7.x

david.7.x New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There's an app in the app store called "Flash Drive" i think look it up i bought it but i barely use it lol.
    man you're smart i recomend buying it now too. apple might ask their resellers to update the ipods in stock so that you really cant jailbreak or maybe you can but wait forever lol.

Please Register or Log in to view images