ip problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by makaveldon04i, Feb 16, 2008.

1. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

whenever i create my wireless network from my laptop, (making a computer to computer connection between my laptop and my ipod) instead of having ip' like 192.168.0.XXX or w/e and my subnet mask 255.255.255.0, i have a ip of 169.254.XX.XXX and my subnet mask is 255.255.0.0, and my DNS and Router bars are blank instead of having 192.168.0.1....if anyone can help me out, id be thankful, ive been having this problem for a while...

i believe its with my wireless card, i tried doing this on a few wireless networks...thanks
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm not sure how much this will help, and I'm sorry if it doesn't, becuase I've never attempted to share my laptop's connection with my iPod.

Anyway, I used to have connection problems on my laptop. It would say I was connected, but I couldn't browse the web, and like you said, I had a weird IP address (something like 169....). I solved the problem by rebooting my modem a few times then, reconfiguring my router, which I probably didn't have to do.

Can you get on the internet OK from your laptop? If you can you know that the problem is in the actual sharing of the connection. I guess you can make sure the settings for connection sharing check out ok.
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

yeah, everything is fine for my laptop...and i was able to do this before, but after i jailbroke my friends ipod for him, it stopped working...and i tried rebooting my modem,reinstalling the software, changing ip's, updating my wireless adapter,and all that sh*t
  4. Elahrairah

Elahrairah Member

same thing is happening to me. I have two ipot's the first one works great...the new one I just purchased is doing this...reboots, resets, etc all to no avail..

very curious what that IP is and why it says it's connected using my key, ssid.....

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Got it. I am using WEP if you are as well, note that the Caps lock is always "on" when typing your key. If your key has both upper and lowercase in it, make sure the lock is on/off accordingly.

Good luck