IP Addresses's help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by VickyBest, Jun 23, 2009.

1. VickyBest

VickyBest New Member

Hiya All

If anybody could answer the following question I would be soooo grateful.

I want to get rid of the IP address that's attached to my ITouch when it connects to my network at home. if I go into my itouch and reset all my network settings (or reseting all settings (erase all contents and settings) will this clear the IP address, or when I connect again will the same IP address pop up?

thanks to anybody that could help me with this.

Vicky

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi Vicky,

Y is it you want to clear that IP out of interest?
    Your router, that will act as your DHCP server, will keep a record of your devices MAC address and just simple push out the same IP to the MAC as it makes life easier for itself.

Depending on your type of router you may be able to set up a reserved range of IP address to push out of reseve an IP for a particular MAC address.

Otherwise change your subnet, i presume it is currently set to something like 192.168.x.x/24 try changin it to 10.19.x.x/24
  3. VickyBest

VickyBest New Member

thanks

Hi Stuart

thanks for the reply - i dont have a clue about IP addresses's and my other half is the techi one I just use the device but he has been asking if i have been using the internet as he keeps seeing this IP address - I know its my itouch and he is soooo suspicious about everything that I just wanted to change it, but without being a techy I think I'm screwed!!! any other advice greatly appreciated
  4. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    U can manually enter the IP in your ipod.
    This way you now what IP is assigned to it for sure.
    Your otherhalf being a techie should be able to figure out how to do this.

Thanks
  5. VickyBest

VickyBest New Member

Hi Stuart

I dont want my other half to do it, he will just ask too many questions could you explain to me in plain english and I will do it!

thanks